HR Generalist at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for an HR Generalist to manage daily HR operations and administer programs across the company. You will work closely with the HR team and managers to ensure an excellent employee experience - touching onboarding, HRIS management, and benefits administration. The ideal candidate will be looking to gain broad exposure to various disciplines within HR and can move quickly in a growing Tech company. This role reports into the Director of People Operations.
What You’ll Do Here
- Assist HR team with project-based tasks and company-wide initiatives such as performance management, employee engagement, and compensation reviews
- Work closely with the HR business partners on day-to-day tasks related to the employee lifecycle. Some examples include administering promotions and transfers, completing employment verifications, and supporting the offboarding process.
- Provide tactical support for employee-facing events and programs including new-hire onboarding, social programming, and Diversity Equity and Inclusion programming to create an inclusive and engaging employee experience
- Enter and maintain employee data in our HRIS and other systems
- Respond to ad hoc employee questions and requests on HR related topics
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 1-2 years of work experience or relevant internship experience, with HR experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- An open-minded mindset, with a can-do attitude in a complex, ambiguous environment.
- Strong teamwork & stakeholder management skills, including discretion around confidential and sensitive information
- Excited and eager about working in HR, gaining hands-on experience, and a passion for employee experience and engagement.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.