Greater NYC Area
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. We are proud to help them share these passions and that is why we are working hard to create best-in-class easy-to-use online video editor with a large selection of pre-built templates that can customize to make engaging, shareable content for their audiences on social media.
We are a small but mighty team. Our Human Resources Lead will keep our ship sailing smoothly and improve our people practices, providing the human touch that makes us tick. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a hands-on role where you will use both strategic and tactical expertise in supporting both department heads and employees. You will guide initiatives in compensation, learning and development, and organizational strategy.
Why Animoto wants you:
- Strategy: You will proactively build and maintain trust-based, productive relationships with Animoto’s Management Team by providing insightful advice and recommendations on HR practices, culture, and HR matters. An important aspect of this role is serving as a champion of cross-functional cooperation and shared practices.
- Employee Relations: It’s important that our employees receive prompt, empathetic, amazing support in managing their workplace needs, from benefits questions to grievances and legal matters.
- Recruiting, Onboarding, and Retention: Building a culture that is inclusive, diverse, and equitable is a priority and requires coordination and strategy across recruiting and onboarding functions. You can help us build and keep a great team.
- Talent Development and Coaching: Support professional development and pathways for all staff to continue to learn and grow throughout their careers. You'll assess needs and implement a curriculum to meet them. Animoto has many first-time managers and you'll ensure they have the skills they need to supervise, mentor, and develop their teams.
- Compensation: Assess comprehensive compensation practices and apply practical experience as well as the latest thinking about best practices that link individual performance to organizational goals and values.
- Performance Management: Working with leaders across the organization, you will assess performance management approaches and help set criteria for expectations and performance goals. Build on our tools and systems to establish consistent, equitable processes and clear guidelines for all employees to follow.
- Benefits Administration: Oversee and regularly review and advise on all benefits.
- Office and Facilities Management: You'll assist the operations work in NY, and oversee safety procedures. As necessary, manage relationships with building administrators and oversee remote offices.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Implement HR practices that promote an inclusive, welcoming environment for all staff.
What you'll do:
- Oversee, and recommend programs, policies, and benefits across the employee lifecycle to support a healthy, positive culture and a unified team. With our team, that will be fun and easy!
- Ensure all programs, management, and employee actions are in compliance with employment laws and applicable regulations
- Maintain strong, trust-based relationships with employees, creating safe and confidential ways to provide advice, counsel, and support in resolving issues, disputes, and other sensitive matters
- Encourage effective, fair feedback processes to support well-being, learning, and growth
- Offer assistance and guidance as needed on recruiting practices, interviewing process, evaluation methods, training for hiring managers, and onboarding
What we're looking for:
- 10+ year’s senior-level experience in Human Resources (with 5+ leading an HR team)
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- A strong knowledge of best practice processes for workforce management, including performance planning, coaching, leadership development, and training
- Show an understanding of business fundamentals, measurement, and financial alignment
- Experience in compensation and benefits programs
- Ability to influence different stakeholders (such as executive team, board, team leads, and co-workers) through strong communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and translate into operational plans to make things happen!
- A sense of humor and humbleness, you take yourself seriously but not too seriously :)
Why join Animoto:
- The opportunity to work with really smart, talented and interesting people
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
Read Full Job Description