HR & Office Coordinator at Abacus
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:24 p.m. (EST) on Monday, October 14, 2019
Abacus is a fast-growing, New York City-based company reimagining the way businesses move money, beginning with the first real-time employee expense system. We're looking for an HR & Office Coordinator to manage the day-to-day operations of our office and create an amazing experience for our team. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear many hats in a hybrid role that will touch on office management, recruiting, people operations, and event management.
This position will support the local Abacus office in New York City, as well as support HR and Talent Acquisition needs across our parent organization.
What you'll do (HR-related activities, 65%):
- Handle confidential and non-routine information with a high level of discretion, escalating information to appropriate personnel
- Exercise good judgment when conflict arises, particularly when employee concerns are brought to your attention
- Lead or assist in client or company events or volunteerism, including monthly, quarterly and annual activities.
- Assist with special projects, including safety and compliance efforts, or ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Under the guidance of the HR Manager and direction of the Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager, assist Talent Acquisition in various recruitment efforts across all brands and locations, which may include:
- Navigating our internal Applicant Tracking System (Lever)
- Scheduling interviews for the TA Manager or Hiring Manager, as instructed
- Coordinating interview emails, providing appropriate logistics and instructions based on locations or brand
- Greeting interviewees onsite at the NYC office
- Obtaining and analyzing background checks, reporting feedback to the TA Manager
- Following up on reference checks using the standardized reference check questionnaire
- Dispositioning candidates or roles within Lever
- Partnering with HR Operations and hiring managers to ensure smooth onboarding experience for new hires, and handle account and equipment needs
- Sending out new hire welcome letter with details outlining arrival details and day one agenda
What you'll do (office management, 35%):
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, including Marketing and Sales-related events, campaigns, and promotions
- Provide reception services, including greeting visitors, fielding incoming phone calls and managing incoming office traffic
- Facilitate office supply, kitchen and pantry stocking
- Organize kitchen, fridge, coffee, dishes and other food and drink related employee experiences
- Liaise with office maintenance and cleaning service, evaluate performance quality, arrange necessary repairs and projects
- Participate in furniture set-ups, rearranging and office moves
- Document and keep up-to-date procedures related to office management, recruiting and people operations
What would make you a strong candidate?
- Highly energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys collaborating on projects
- Self-starter that knows how to take initiative and follow-through to get things done
- Ability to act autonomously and with urgency
- Strong organizational and time management skills & ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- 1 year minimum experience in Talent Acquisition, Office Coordination, Executive Assistant, or other related position
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and help us understand why you want to work at Abacus in just a few sentences.
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is core to our values at Abacus. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Abacus does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters and will not consider payment regarding recruiter fees.
Read Full Job Description