HR Operations, Senior Manager at Flatiron Health
We are looking for a Senior Manager of HR Operations to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead high impact People Team initiatives and processes across Flatiron, which includes working across key business groups and senior business leaders to drive substantial change and progress in the HR Operations space.
This role will be the champion and driver of process redesigns & program delivery efforts in partnership with key stakeholders, including driving results around Flatiron’s life cycle platforms for our full-time, part-time, domestic and international employee populations. Key responsibilities include onboarding & offboarding, headcount and immigration program design and delivery to drive employee and manager experience, increase automation, and build efficiency as the company continues to evolve and grow.
This role will report directly to the Head of Total Rewards and Operations.
In addition, you can expect to own and oversee the following areas:
- Accountable for updating & maintaining the HR Operations roadmap, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, and reporting out on progress across People Team and Business Leadership
- Keep a pulse on Flatiron business needs and thoughtfully incorporate stakeholder feedback in order to provide nuanced direction on HR Operations programs
- Create and own processes and policies to support key HR Operations programs
- Serve as headcount process owner and thought partner to help analyze and translate recruitment hiring/pipeline data, FP&A budgets, and staffing requests into a process that supports the business
- Collaborate with HRIS & IT on curating process automations
- Align with Payroll to build cross-team process integrations to enhance employee and manager experience
- Collaborate with Compensation and Benefits on reviewing their processes and providing advisory guidance and support for automation and efficiency reviews
- Oversee onboarding process through day-1 of hire, including background checks, I-9 verification, and HRIS record creation
- Manage internal mobility process and other employee changes
- Drive fully compliant immigration management process
- Ensure successful offboarding of employees including changes to records and exit interviewing; ensure high quality HR transactional data management through audits and internal controls; ensure proper record keeping and employee files
- Drive fully compliant international onboarding, offboarding and support processes
- Design, document, and communicate policies that align to core principles; recommend and implement changes to current plans and policies to stay current with trends and in compliance with current legislation and best practice
- Provide reports, documentation, and filings to be compliant on all People related regulations
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects across the team as needed
Who You Are
You're a results-oriented and passionate leader, with the ability to set clear goals to motivate employees, managers and key stakeholders, develop actionable plans, and manage work to achieve desired outcomes. You're excited by the prospect of tackling meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, driven, and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values having a measurable impact.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years work experience in an Operations function (HR Operations preferred)
- You have expertise in policy design and understanding of all pertinent regulations (HR and immigration preferred)
- You have demonstrated experience in managing processes and programs and coordinating across an enterprise system (HR processes and HRIS preferred)
- You have experience managing, coaching and developing a team
- You pride yourself on possessing excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills across all levels of stakeholders, including demonstrating collaboration, an ability to influence, and presence and comfort within and outside the People Team
- You have superior organizational skills, project management abilities, and excellent attention to detail
- You pride yourself in and thrive on getting things done both quickly and accurately
- You are excited about partnering across the People Team and Business to achieve meaningful results as part of a cross-functional working group
- You are driven by a sense of accountability, including assuming ownership for achieving personal results and collective team goals
- You have experience and proven ability to “roll up your sleeves” and prioritize as needed while handling multiple time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment
- You are a systems thinker with demonstrated experience leading significant change processes effectively and efficiently, both in the short-term and long-term for an outcome over time
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.