HR Service Partner at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are passionate about a career path as a customer-facing HR practitioner. You genuinely enjoy figuring out how and why things work and are excited by opportunities to drive improvements. You are comfortable handling challenging situations over the phone, with the ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful. You like learning about new products and subject matter (such as employment law updates), and helping others learn as well.
As an HR Consultant, you’ll help shape Justworks’ Customer Success strategy by partnering closely with the Customer Success team to deliver Human Resources tools and guidance to Justworks’ customers.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Communicate directly with customers regarding their HR inquiries, as escalated by other members of the Customer Success team
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer complex HR questions from customers, provide HR guidance and best practices, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Manage queue of open issues to deliver timely and effective solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Compliance teams on feature requests related to HRIS and Compliance tools
- Liaise with Compliance to safeguard Justworks as a co-employer and demonstrate discretion as to when issues warrant escalation
- Create HR-related content and tools, for both external and internal use
- Explain complicated compliance and HR concepts in simple, user-friendly terms
- Serve as a project manager on complex and cross-functional issues to ensure the success of customers on the platform
- Display a high level of professionalism and compassion when working with each account on sensitive matters
- Work with internal teams to improve processes, with an eye toward improving customer experience
- Perform other related duties as assigned
As a Customer Success HR Consultant, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, HR Manager or Employee Relations Specialist
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred; if not certified, certification must be obtained within the first four months of employment - Justworks will provide financial support
- High interest in and experience with a specific HR practice area (such as talent, benefits, leave, etc.) a plus
- Management experience a plus
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment