HRBP at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a HRBP to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
We are seeking a thoughtful HRBP to help scale our Business Partner model at Flatiron in the People Ops function. This role will be a unique opportunity to evolve our Business Partner strategy and play an instrumental part in determining how we support leaders and employees. The Business Partner will both serve as the main point of contact and provider of People Ops services, support, and counsel to client groups, as well as support our Senior Business Partners in enabling business strategies, and fostering leadership success. The People Business Partner will work with leadership to solve complex organizational challenges with special attention to people-related concerns, design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, retain, and compensate employees. In addition, you'll also:
- Understand the business as a whole and be proactive in supporting managers, employees, and broader People Operations team in creating a great workplace.
- Proactively build relationships with business leaders and employees, gaining trust and credibility with key stakeholders.
- Be accountable for the delivery of core People Ops services: advising on team- or department-specific compensation, benefits, recruiting, organizational structure, and talent development strategies.
- Collaborate with senior Business Partners on driving people strategy for the business and supporting executive development.
- Partner with managers and broader People Operations team to resolve sensitive employee-relations situations including conducting thoughtful, thorough, and objective investigations & termination processes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, consulting with legal counsel as needed/required
- Coach, counsel and guide management on the execution of performance management, feedback, and follow-up.
- Lead and support wider People Ops initiatives for assigned client groups.
This person will be part of the larger People Operations organization and will work closely with colleagues in People Ops, Learning & Development, and Recruiting.
Who You Are
You're an empathetic and strategic HR partner with 5-7 years of experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a BA / BS degree or higher
- You have hands-on leadership in a rapidly growing organization with successful experience scaling an organization during a rapid growth phase
- You thrive on designing new, scalable processes and procedures and are excited to help us develop new way to deal with existing issues
- You have experience with hiring, onboarding, talent management & training, retention, off-boarding, diversity, and compensation & benefits administration, plus a general familiarity with a wide range of HR and Recruiting policies, practices, and trends
- You enjoy a “roll up your sleeves” environment and are comfortable working with ambiguity
- You have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and diplomacy
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on style, passion, humor, empathy, and maturity
- You have a strong ability to build and manage relationships. You are a trusted partner to your stakeholders who value your empathetic approach
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You have superior organizational skills, project management abilities, and excellent attention to detail. You thrive on getting things done both quickly and accurately
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You Have previous experience working with large remote workforces, or hospital administration teams.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.