Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
The HRIS and Payroll Coordinator will contribute to the company growth by expertly and efficiently supporting our employee population. In this role, you will be responsible for the meticulous administration and coordination of employee onboarding, employee changes, payroll, benefits administration and more.
As Our HRIS and Payroll Coordinator, You'll Get to...
- Work on all the important day to day things that make a huge difference to our employees such as:
- Payroll Processing
- Ensuring the accurate entry of employee salaries, reported hours, variable bonuses, sign on, referral and incentive bonuses, severance pay, deductions and withholding for 401(k), garnishment requests, county, state and federal taxes and benefits
- Manage the processing of reimbursements, conversions, terminations, leave of absence, disability and unpaid/paid time off benefit payouts.
- Respond to payroll and benefit related inquiries in a timely manner. Serve as a trusted resources for employees on payroll related matters.
- Assist with Group Benefits enrollments and coverage change
- Be the first person people go to with benefits questions
- Assist in processing 401K, commuter benefits and Health Benefits Saving Accounts funding
- New Hire On-boarding Process
- Track new hire progress and completion; ensure all new hire forms are accurately completed and returned within the required timeframe; contact employees as appropriate to follow-up or obtain additional information.
- Background checks
- Benefits enrollment
- Schedule On-boarding Trainings, shadowing sessions and meet and greets for new hires.
- Partner with IT to ensure that each role is set up with appropriate tools and resources.
- Ensure deactivation of systems and update database.
- Issue and track Separation Agreements
- Records Management:
- Ensure timely and accurate changes are processed for employee transfers, new hires, and terminations
- Set up and maintain employee records in various systems (TriNet, Pingboard, Small Improvements, Wiki)
- Track equity grants
- Process Verification of Employment for employees
- Perform regular audits of compliance trainings and employee HR documentation.
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of HR-related data. Identify data inconsistencies which include comprehensive audits/reviews that occur on a regular basis. Participate in efforts to improve data integrity and standardization of processes.
- Provide custom reporting based on the organizations needs
- Consultants and Contributor Set up
- Issue consultant and contributor contracts through Zenefits
We're Looking for People Who Have...
- 1-3 years of relevant payroll and operations experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Experience with HRIS and payroll software, TriNet a plus
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint, G-Suite)
What Should I Do If I'm Interested?
If working at Fundera Gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is fit. If you think you've got the relevant experience, apply to be our HRIS and Payroll Coordinator.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.