Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: People Operations HRIS Manager
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As HRIS Manager, you'll be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enhancing our HRIS with a focus on ensuring data integrity and scalability. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgment and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, collaborative, organized, analytical and detail-oriented for this critical role on our team.
- Steer Implementation of Human Resources Information System (HRIS), ensuring strong cross-function communication across stakeholders
- Lead and influence change management by ensuring consistent cross-functional communication
- Design user-friendly training sessions, tutorials, processes, guidelines and documentation and ensure users understand their role in maintenance, usage and optimization of the HRIS
- Manage and update permissions, access, personalization, and settings for HRIS users.
- Liaise between People Operations, Technology Operations, internal stakeholders, and external vendors for HRIS implementation, design and enhancement projects.
- Ensure system compliance with data security and privacy requirements
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users
- Implement custom functions and documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and reports; compile complex data reports, summaries, and logs for senior executives and People Operations members.
- Maintain optimal function of the HRIS through continuous development, maintenance and upgrade to applications, systems, and modules; collaborate with leadership and People Operations to identify needs and then recommend and implement solutions/best practices
- Own the long-term strategic roadmap for HRIS to support needs across the full employee life cycle
- Maintain strong relationships based on trust, transparency and results with primary business stakeholders
- Ensure the security, scalability, reliability of HRIS, including managing priorities and balancing demand in a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Capital, Information Systems, or in or comparable work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Project management skills including: organization, prioritization, and time management; ability to juggle short-term and longer-term initiatives; ability to reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions, make recommendations and implement changes accordingly, in a timely manner
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Familiarity with human capital policies and procedures to ensure the HRIS functionality maintains compliance
- Strong interest in collaboration, both within the People Operations team and across the organization
- Experience with BambooHR, Lattice, ADP, B-Swift and larger HRIS
- 8+ years technical architecture experience with HR technology systems
- Experience managing a global organization working with business partners and analytic teams
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.