Human Resource Generalist at Justworks
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are:
You are the go-to person on the People team. Your attitude is such that no task is too big or too small and is backed up foundational HR experience and knowledge. You enjoy working across the business and have a genuine desire to help your coworkers experience the best job they have ever had.
You have a natural curiosity and ability to learn about the business you support, building relationships up, down and across the organization. You enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone and aren’t phased by tough conversations and solving complex problems. You bring a sense of calm into the room, are viewed as an employee advocate and a subject matter expert on all things HR.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide HR services and consultation to employees
- In partnership with the Director, People, handle employee relations matters, coaching/training/advising team leaders
- Conduct internal investigations
- Guide the organization to embrace and use our performance management processes and systems
- Advise managers on individual performance management challenges
- Support managers in their management activities
- Work on a variety of HR reporting and audits
- Manage employee leaves (ie - FMLA and parental leave), Workers Compensation and unemployment claims
- Participate on diverse project teams to develop HR programs that align with our team and company goals and key objectives
- Maintain HR metrics, reporting, analytics and insights to support data-driven people decisions
- Provide backup administrative support for the People team, including employment verifications, benefits inquiries, system support
- Other ad hoc HR-related duties/projects
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years Human Resources experience
- A curious, self-motivated, and resourceful mind
- Confident decision-making and reasoning skills
- A high level of customer service with outstanding follow-up ability
- A high energy approach, matched with a calm presence
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems and proficiency with Google Suite
- Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
- Highly collaborative
- Discretion handling confidential employee data and sensitive information
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming, inclusive, casual environment, great benefits and wellness program offerings, company retreats and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.