Human Resources Business Partner at Squarespace
Squarespace’s HR Business Partner team is looking for a HR Business Partner to guide people programs across our US Customer Operations Department and our West Coast employee base (spanning our Creative, Engineering, and People departments). You will partner with management and employees on all things people-related such as employee relations, coaching, development, compensation, organizational development and much more.
You will have the ability to zoom out and keep considerable focus on scaling for growth and retention. You’ll also work with the broader People Team on programs to cultivate our unique culture and people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, and redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
You will report to our Director, Partners and Programs and be remotely based on the West Coast [California, Oregon or Washington].
- Partner with leadership on organizational and people related strategy—develop programs focusing on retention, engagement, recognition and talent management
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development and career pathing
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences and compensation
- Lead the Customer Operations's compensation cycles and become an expert on our compensation philosophy and practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning and succession planning, identifying essential roles, opportunities to diversify our teams through external recruiting and internal mobility
- Work with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful
- 10+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including 5+ years as an HR Business Partner working directly with department executives and senior leadership
- Understand people dynamics, organizational strategy and talent processes
- Desire to push the status quo and improve inefficiencies to shift increased focus on impactful partnership with leadership
- Experience working in both private and public organizations
- Experienced with HR practices, including employment law and regulation, in particular California employment law
- Ability to travel to Portland and LA offices and occasionally, the NYC office
- Technology company experience preferred
- [Nice-to-haves] Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.