Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a driven Human Resources Business Partner who will serve as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and can help lead key People initiatives for our rapidly growing team! Our vision for our People Ops Business Partners is pretty unique. We expect our BPs to operate as though they are truly a part of the departments and teams they support: this means getting to know the day-to-day of those team members, anticipating problems, and proactively addressing any concerns before they become issues. We believe creating this close relationship will enable us to drive a truly stellar employee experience!
Codecademy's People Operations team is a collaborative and supportive team dedicated to creating the best experience for our employees.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as the hands-on relationship owner for a specific department and/or multiple teams
- Partner with other People Ops Business Partners and the larger People Team to align our People strategy with Codecademy’s business plans
- Provide formal structure and guidance on complex employee relations issues and make recommendations for resolution.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new HR processes
- Support organizational growth by revising and improving People Operations initiatives such as Performance Reviews, Compensation Planning and/or Manager Training
- Maintain strong knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and ensuring regulatory compliance, and manage administrative tasks associated with maintaining a compliant workforce.
- Act as a coach for both employees and leadership; hold a high bar for our Codecademy values
- 5+ years of experience in People Ops/HR
- 2+ years of experience in an HRBP or similar role
- Ability to build and develop relationships, including ability to influence decision making and decision makers
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Excellent knowledge in the Human Resources field, including talent management, organization development, compensation, recruiting, & employee relations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills (approachable and engaging)
- Experience at a fast growing technology company
- Experience managing complex People Ops initiatives such as Performance Review, Compensation Planning and/or Manager Training
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity; dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.