Internal Communications Specialist, People & Culture at DoorDash
About the Team
The Internal Communications team serves to inform, engage, and inspire DoorDash employees so they feel connected to our mission, vision, and values. The team partners with teams across People (HR), Corporate Communications, Policy, Strategy & Operations, Finance and Legal to ensure employees understand the What, When, Where, Why and How of key business, cultural, and HR initiatives. We are the voice of the employee in every room, using storytelling to help our people connect their work to DoorDash’s broader strategy and impact. We are building a nimble, high-impact team whose cross-functional work touches every corner of the organization.
The Internal Communications Specialist, People & Culture is a newly-formed role wholly dedicated to communicating our People Team strategy, programs and policies, and will work closely with our Chief People Officer. The role reports to the Director of Employee Communications & Connections and is a member of the broader Culture, Belonging & People Growth (CBPG) department within DoorDash’s People Team. CBPG’s mission is to create a culture of belonging and connection where diverse identities can thrive and every employee can do the best work of their career. As part of CBPG, we strive to deliver a consistent and inclusive experience for our ~3,000 employees across the U.S., Canada and Australia - regardless of their location, background or job function.
In this role, you will...
- Manage all company-wide communications on behalf of the People Team, acting as a thought partner to the People Leadership Team (PLT) and a communications consultant for the broader People Team
- Provide executive communications support to our Chief People Officer, including drafting company-wide announcements, talking points, slides, and blog posts in her authentic voice
- Partner with People Team project managers to develop communications plans and materials for company-wide HR initiatives (e.g., annual Employee Voice Survey, performance review cycle, benefits open enrollment, HR policy changes & enhancements, etc.)
- Partner with CBPG and our Employee Resource Group (ERG) leads to develop and execute a year-round cultural awareness campaign (e.g., Heritage Months, cultural celebrations, remembrance days, Women’s Leadership Week, etc.)
- Manage monthly newsletters curated by the Internal Communications team to keep employees up-to-date on the People programs, cultural events, and employee engagement initiatives happening across our company
- Support communications and engagement within the People Team, to ensure every one of us understands our People Team mission, goals, and how we’ll get there together
- Maintain Employer Branding assets (in development) and partner with the Employee Connections team to develop original content
- Maintain Wiki/Intranet pages that are owned by CBPG or related to People Team projects receiving communications support
- Build and maintain relationships with a diverse set of internal stakeholders to increase visibility and improve the quality of communications throughout the organization
We’re excited about you because you…
- Are a self-motivated and creative communicator who believes strategic internal communication is the foundation of a positive employee experience (HR, Culture and/or Diversity & Inclusion communications experience is strongly preferred)
- Have executive communications experience with a knack for adopting a leaders’ authentic voice
- Are an excellent writer who can synthesize complex ideas or materials into a compelling narrative that will excite and inspire employees of all backgrounds
- Are a persuasive storyteller who balances emotion and logic to communicate a vision through various media (e.g., newsletters, slides, audio, video, Slack, etc.)
- Have experience developing and executing internal communication plans targeting segmented employee populations
- Have a keen talent and interest in thinking outside the room - putting yourself in the shoes of our underrepresented and/or underserved populations to ensure their voices are heard (e.g., hourly employees, international employees, women of all backgrounds, people of color, parents, LGBTQIA+ community members, etc.)
- Have the change management experience needed to help move a fast-growing organization from awareness to adoption
- Have the project management and organizational skills needed to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal oversight
- Flourish in a project-based consulting role where most projects are cross-functional and not “owned” by your team
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
- Have 7-10 years of relevant internal communications experience; high-growth tech experience a bonus, not a must
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher (preferred)
You’ll love working at DoorDash because...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it’s like [email protected] or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology platform that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, the company currently reaches 80+ percent of U.S. households and has the widest selection of restaurants, cementing an industry-leading position in the U.S. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.