Junior Technical Recruiter
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini. You’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization.
The Role: Junior Technical Recruiter
This role will be instrumental in supporting the rapid scaling of Gemini’s Technology capability, and will grant the individual broad exposure to the many sub-departments within Technology. The junior technical recruiter will hone in on sourcing across different mediums, establish proactive communication chains with promising candidates, and assist the team in creating and implementing strategies to identify top talent for many of our technical roles. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Lead Technical Recruiter.
- Source and assist in recruiting a diverse slate of active and passive candidates across multiple technical openings: Software Engineering, Data Engineering, Front End, Mobile, Infrastructure, and more as needs arise
- Create and foster high touch relationships with active and passive candidates
- Report on sourcing channel measures of success and interpret the data to suggest the viability of sourcing strategies and improvements as needed
- Analyze recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to team members and key stakeholders
- Strategize on new and inventive ways to build candidate pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns to achieve hiring goals
- Partner with leadership to understand the competitive landscape and gather insightful recruiting data
- Qualify and engage candidates for relevant openings
- 1+ years of technical recruiting and/or sourcing experience, preferably in a high-growth technology or startup environment
- An understanding of engineering functions across industries and the ability to assess a candidate's technical skills
- Proven ability to proactively engage candidates and manage them through the interview process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- The capacity to act swiftly under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative and problem solving skills
- Experience working with and navigating applicant tracking systems, preferably Greenhouse
- Design, experiment and test new approaches to attracting diverse candidates to our open roles
- Proven track record for successfully identifying and hiring exceptional candidates in high growth environments
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with ability to understand relevant tech skills, target companies, conferences, open source communities
- Experience in a high growth startup environment, preferably in the financial services or blockchain/crypto industries
- Experience in leveraging creative sourcing techniques through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Proactively identify and assess talent using a variety of sourcing methodologies including but not limited to LinkedIn, Boolean searches, networking, complex web searches, environmental scanning and research
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.