Lead, Global Wellness and Benefits at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: People Operations
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Lead, Global Wellness and Benefits
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be in on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As Lead, Global Benefits and Wellness, you'll be responsible for our benefit and wellness programs on a global scale. You will play a critical role in projects and process implementations including benefit renewals, implementations and support so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented individuals. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, mature and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Develop and implement inclusive benefit and wellness programs, ensuring consistency in support across jurisdictions
- Manage and lead the implementation and administration of benefits and wellness programs, policies, plans and processes globally
- Develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee engagement and understanding of global benefit programs on a regular cadence
- Establish new and enhance existing benefit policies and procedures on an International scale.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all external benefit partners
- Oversee seamless day to day administration of employee benefit plans
- Manage wellness programs, events and activities with the goal of improving the physical and mental health of employees using preventive means; maintain a culture of well-being
- Administration and management of vendor contracts and invoices, enrollment reconciliation, audits, and accurate enrollments in our benefits systems.
- Run open enrollment and renewal processes, including: review and strategy, ensure competitive benefits packages are maintained and improved, and provide thoughtful data and analytics to inform decision-making.
- Participate in and oversee the preparation of information and filings for all federal, state and local legal requirements
- Be a passionate champion of our values and culture and ensure benefit support and programming is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging and equitable support
- Escalate sensitive issues in a timely manner
- Ensure files are maintained with a focus on compliance and confidentiality
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding Gemini’s benefit coverage
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business or working experience equivalent
- Minimum of five years experience related to benefit administration and/or benefit program management
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of best practices and general benefit administration with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.