Lead Recruiter at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, we’ve made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust and collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
The People team is seeking a talented Lead Recruiter to join our Recruiting team to help find great individuals for a variety of exciting roles at Meetup.
As a Lead Recruiter reporting to the VP of People, you are highly experienced and can not only quickly fill your own personal assigned open roles, but you also identify areas for process improvement across the team, consistently seek additional sources to secure talent, increase awareness of our brand externally, and partner with internal teams to elevate the recruitment function--bringing the full impact of your tenure in recruiting to Meetup.
- Own corporate roles, executive roles and some technical roles; As a Lead Recruiter, you’re assigned more complex, senior level, and/or high impact roles
- Fill open reqs quickly through skilled full-cycle recruiting, meeting goals and defined KPI’s
- Maintain awareness of Meetup goals, roadmaps, organizational structure, and other relevant business of assigned teams, business units, and hiring managers
- Creatively source new candidates, using tried-and-true methods as well as experimenting with new ways of finding the next great team member
- Partner and coach hiring managers to encourage a “whole company” approach to recruiting, continuously improving and refining the recruiting process, and ensure hiring managers are equipped/trained on recruiting process, best practices and expectations to confirm there’s equity and the best candidate experience
- Consistent use of ATS and defined process within, ensuring accurate and timely data capture
- Represent Meetup at various recruiting events and Meetups
- Own assigned high impact areas of responsibility and special projects within the team, strategically planning and executing to improve overall recruiting impact and outcomes
- Manage, develop and coach a Recruiting Coordinator
- A strong passion to help people navigate their career: A huge part of recruitment is getting candidates to open up and understand what motivates them--that comes naturally for you. And you’re not going to wait around for them to apply; you’re going to work your network and find the right people to join our team.
- Strong customer focus: You’re able to manage expectations on all sides, ensure everyone feels heard and drive toward a resolution.
- Balance of a professional demeanor and approachable warmth
- Ability to hustle, act with urgency to overcome obstacles and manage workload
- Superb communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization and project management skills
- Strong follow-up and flexibility - you won’t miss a beat when you’re juggling four interviews and a last minute cancellation pops up
- Collaborative partner interested in connecting with and learning about the people, teams and programs that make Meetup Meetup
- Ability to successfully navigate change and ambiguity--this is a requirement in our fast paced startup environment
- Authentic and contagious belief in our mission
- Great sense of humor
Success in this role looks like:
- Assigned open roles are filled as quickly as possible with diverse, qualified candidates
- Areas of responsibility are strategically planned and improved across the team
- Increased external employer brand awareness and sources of hire
- Successfully execute internal recruitment related projects
- Strong partnership with every facet of the People Experience team (People Partners, Internal Communications & Engagement, and Recruiting)
Meetup employees are bold, supportive and passionate about empowering people to come together and create community for everyone. We care about successful execution, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?