Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
Betterment’s Recruiting team is responsible for sourcing and hiring great talent. We run inclusive and equitable recruiting practices, partner with hiring managers to provide guidance and counsel throughout the hiring process, and build strategies to ensure positive candidate experiences. You will work directly with our Engineering Leadership to have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high profile technology organization that is changing financial services.
We’re looking for someone that loves to think outside the box about new ways to attract and recruit top talent. You thrive in ambiguous environments, and you understand how to balance hiring pace with excellent hiring decisions. You find it rewarding to be able to inspire change and process improvements using data to build your case. You are a skilled, effective sourcer and recruiter, and someone who will bring passion and creativity to everything you touch.
This role is not remote eligible. We are looking to hire this role in our NYC or Philadelphia office locations.A Day in the Life:
- You will own the engineering recruiting process -- everything from ideating our hiring strategies with technical partners to sourcing candidates and scheduling interviews
- You will act as the engineering hiring expert across 3 lines of business and many departments -- this means you will partner closely with leadership teams to ensure recruiting strategy, prioritization, and headcount alignment match our business needs
- Put the candidate first in every interaction; provide an extraordinary experience throughout our hiring process
- As a brand ambassador, you will help candidates imagine the future of money managements and inspire them to want to help create that future
- Manage a hiring process that is flexible to quickly respond to the ever-changing priorities, while adapting and applying innovative approaches to acquiring talent
- Function as subject matter expert on recruiting activities and maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues, trends, and employment law
- Build out reports and dashboards to measure recruiting performance; track recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement and forecast future talent needs
- Experience building and operating a technical recruiting program, partnering with leaders to create a vision and executing against it, iterating along the way
- Experience implementing DEIB hiring initiatives and an understanding of how to run an equitable hiring processes
- Experience influencing across all functions and levels within an organization
- Creative problem solving: the ability to identify real obstacles and and propose viable solutions
- The ability to build meaningful relationships quickly with candidates, hiring managers, interviewers, etc.
- The ability to switch gears quickly and effectively, with communication skills to ensure proper stakeholder engagement along the way
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.