Leadership Development Coach at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our People Team works to build an environment where employees are empowered to do their best work. Through our strategy, program design, and operation, we attract, develop, and grow the talent that Better needs to scale. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are building a team of Leadership Development Coaches to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have a blend of experience and education in facilitation learning programs and coaching leaders - either in house or as a consultant. Our coaches will deliver training on manager basics (systems, processes, policies), facilitate interactive core leadership programs (foundations, advanced), and individual or group coaching to people managers and leaders. We are a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization - meaning flexibility and helping leaders lead through change is essential to success.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish collaborative and trusted relationships with People teams and leaders.
- Support People Team in the effective onboarding of new managers and people leaders, ensuring an understanding of Better’s values, management processes, and leadership principles.
- Identify learning needs for managers, leaders, and teams outside of core leadership development programs and propose appropriate learning solutions.
- Provide expertise, feedback, and pilot support for new program design and development or updating existing programs.
- Partner effectively with external vendors as needed to deliver core management, leadership and coaching programs - welcoming new ideas and expertise.
Bonus points for:
- Leveraging technology to drive automation, personalization, and evaluation of programs - including Learning Management Systems, assessment platforms, and content tools.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience - ideally in a high-growth organization - and have managed the performance and development of individuals and/or a team.
- You have at least 3 years of formally facilitating leadership development programs and coaching individuals and/or people leaders.
- You have built and maintained strong development coaching skills through a combination of experience and education (i.e., in house, consulting/freelance, certifications, degrees, conferences, reading, etc)
- You stay knowledgeable about adult learning, management and leadership development, facilitation, presentation, coaching, and basic content design.
- You build strong cross-functional partnerships and trust with stakeholders through communication, reliability, and listening before offering helpful suggestions.
- You are able to facilitate multiple programs and coach several leaders.
- You believe that learning should be time well spent and its impact can be measured.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.