Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The L&D Sr. Specialist is responsible for proactively supporting training facilitation, logistics, and content creation across all People Development programs. We are looking for a talented individual who can curate an environment where our employees have the tools and resources they need to learn and develop within their day-to-day roles and career goals overall.Core Responsibilities:
- Lead the facilitation of new hire Orientation and manage all program operations
- Support facilitation for both virtual and in-person learning experiences across a multitude of subject matter to support the growing needs of our employee and manager populations
- Provide technical guidance around designing learning experiences, with adult learning and instructional design industry standards in mind, for engaging and interactive in-person and virtual learning experience
- Assist in the creation and design of learning experiences for People Development such as toolkits, job aids, webinars and other program specific collateral
- Support the design of program presentations, playbooks, job aids, workbooks, facilitator guides, videos, etc.
- Build productive relationships and collaborate effectively with internal subject matter experts and learning partners internally and throughout the organization
We are looking for someone who is excited about People Development and is ready to support the team. This person should have a solid understanding of how to navigate learning and development thoughtfully and effectively.
- 5+ years relevant experience in fast moving business or company.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with successful time management
- Confident in presentation and facilitation skills using virtual platforms
- Comfortable with Google Suite
- Self-motivated with a result-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong rapport and relationships with team members
- Comfortable with building decks, working in spreadsheets in Google Suite
- Prior experience delivering virtual training via Zoom or other virtual learning platforms
- Previous experience with an LMS, Articulate 360, GSuite, Adobe, InDesign, etc.
- Innovative and resourceful, constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Analytical and critical thinking skills that will help with creative problem solving
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.