Learning & Development Specialist
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As part of an innovative, collaborative, results-driven team, you’ll primarily lead efforts to redesign and elevate our new hire on-boarding program globally, and you’ll support efforts to train, develop, and support our employees in North America. You’ll help enhance our culture of continuous learning, and you’ll foster an environment in which all employees globally can on-board successfully and thrive in their roles while being their most authentic selves at Collibra. You’ll have the opportunity to own substantial, highly visible, exciting projects with global impact, while creating positive workplace experiences and helping employees develop new skills to take them onward in their careers.
A day in the life of an Learning & Development Specialist at Collibra:You’ll be reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Learning & Development, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Enhancing our diversity & inclusion, employee experience, and corporate social responsibility programming to help make Collibra the best place to work
- Helping to drive the annual and quarterly performance management and OKR/goal-setting processes in the US, including project management, coordination/logistics, and communications
- Empowering people through world-class personal/professional development and employee experience programs
- Running employee resource groups, events, and other initiatives to meet the diverse needs of our people
- Supporting the rollout of new hire on-boarding in the US, including project management, coordination/logistics, and communications/marketing
- Creating consistency in L&D offerings globally by improving communication and accessibility of programming
- Assessing external vendors and resources to engage employees and encourage self-driven learning, including through the utilization of asynchronous learning solutions and software
- Operationalizing L&D function
- Measuring impact of L&D programs company-wide (e.g. surveys, data, focus groups) while iterating as necessary
- Contributing to team problem-solving and cross-team projects
- Coordination and logistics, as needed
- Managing and contributing to ad hoc People team projects, as needed
- Education and work experience. Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) with 5-7 years of experience in training/leadership development. Strong experience in building and scaling diversity & inclusion, employee experience, corporate social responsibility, and performance management programs.
- Content Design and Facilitation Skills. Strong research skills. Experience designing content from scratch as well as updating/iterating on existing content. Comfortable presenting complex content in front of large and small groups with ease and clarity.
- Communication skills. Ability to source and gain buy-in on new initiatives and to communicate in writing, through emails and reports, or orally, sensitive matters.
- Team Player. Strong ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with employees and managers at all levels, and external vendors. A strong team orientation and a dedication to the success of the team's objectives. A passion for developing people and sharing knowledge cross-functionally and cross-regionally.
- Project management skills. Ability to achieve objectives within established time frames. Experience working on a globally dispersed team within a fast-paced, fast-growing organization. Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively, managing multiple competing priorities and navigating ambiguity.
- Energy and enthusiasm. Thoughtful, passionate, quality-committed, driven, creative, and people-oriented personality. Strong ability to lead, motivate, and engage employees in trainings, events, and other efforts.
- Certifications. Not required but a plus: Certifications in Insights Discovery, DISC, Myers-Briggs, Hogan, NBI, Leadership Circle Profile, or other assessments. Not required but a plus: Certification in coaching.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package