Leave & Workers Comp Specialist at Peloton
Peloton’s Shared Services team is looking for a Leave and Workers Compensation Specialist to assist in the day-to-day operations of our United States and Canada LOA and WC programs. This role will work closely with the Leave Administration Manager, as well as other teams internally, such as our People Team, Legal, Finance and Payroll, to help develop communications and processes, as well as help design and implement standards and procedures that are scalable for our growing business.
You have a good head for comprehensive claim management and overall program compliance. Guiding team members, managers and People Business Partners through the delicate claim process is where you are most familiar. You should be comfortable (and actually thrive) in a deeply dynamic environment. You are a critical thinker who is naturally curious and intrinsically motivated to continuously improve the way we work. You are an individual contributor but you also enjoy working on multiple projects with teams.
- Coordinates the administration of the workers' compensation program with applicable federal and state US Leave programs, as well as Canadian territory programs
- Establishes standards and procedures for all matters relating to workers' compensation program
- Monitors day-to-day workers' compensation claims activity with Third Party Administrator (TPA), internal reporting programs and Insurance Vendor
- Communicates with team members, supervisors and managers regarding information needed to process claims (e.g. medical documentation, injury/incident reports, claim updates, return to work information, etc.)
- Communicates with team members, supervisors and managers regarding work-related restrictions (e.g. can restrictions be met, how long can they be accommodated, are they complying with all instructions provided, etc.)
- Determines actual time missed from work due to work-related injuries and illnesses for purposes of Payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis
- Sends all requested information to claims adjusters or State WCB in a timely manner for processing
- Attends and participates in claims review meetings with TPA and Insurance Vendor
- Reviews loss run history with TPA as needed
- Takes initiative to remain current with trends and laws in the field of workers' compensation
- 3+ years experience with workers compensation and leave of absence claim handling required
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within workers compensation and leave of absence in the US and Canada, including WC reporting requirements in monopolistic states and Canadian territories
- General knowledge of OSHA laws preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and leave programs required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.