Manager, Global Benefits at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Global Benefits to lead our growing Benefits Team within our People Operations organization. This role will lead the end-to-end strategy and administration of our benefits programs for our rapidly-growing, global organization and provide guidance and management to 3 direct reports.
- Administer and analyze the organization’s comprehensive benefits programs (e.g. medical plans, retirement plans, leave-of-absence and disability policies, wellness programs, insurance policies, etc.)
- Lead annual benefits renewal processes globally in partnership with People Operations leadership and our insurance brokers.
- Coach and develop Benefits teammates to deliver strong customer service to our employees.
- Ensure that benefit offerings remain competitive with the market and relevant for Braze employees.
- Monitor, interpret, and implement relevant changes related to government regulations / legislation.
- Build robust Leaves of Absence processes (currently managed in-house) and train the benefits team to administer.
- Partner directly with insurance brokers and benefits carriers to maximize offerings to employees.
- Educate the HR team with front-line knowledge of benefits and compliance-related information.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex benefits-related questions and advise management on resolving benefits issues.
- Audit and review vendor invoices, leading a team to resolve disputes on fees/costs and enrollments.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for someone who has previous benefits administration experience, with a passion for customer service, and knows their way around a spreadsheet.
- 5+ years benefits administration and project management experience; management experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and recommend changes to improve benefits processes.
- Workday experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to identify gaps and implement changes.
- Ability to remain organized and work on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets, including pivot tables, basic calculations, VLOOKUPs, and compiling, organizing and analyzing multiple complex data sets.
- Expert knowledge of medical insurance plans and employee benefits programs
- Working knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Professional, customer-service orientation.
- Experience managing the administration of leave of absence policies
- Global benefits experience
- Experience implementing new benefit vendors/programs
- Wellness programming experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch, including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.