Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a HR Manager to join our People team. You will manage a broad range of HR responsibilities including employee relations, performance management and career development for our corporate teams. You will also support strategic projects that enable best in class People initiatives and manage the day to day execution of our HR function. You will closely partner with various business units with their employee lifecycle needs and ensure that our policies and practices scale and serve the business goals. This position reports to the Sr Director of People.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do…
- Provide HR partnership to our corporate client groups, supporting a diverse HQ population
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR and People inquiries including employee relations, performance management, and employee experience
- Effectively manage HR compliance across our populations and help inform, iterate and implement best in class HR policies and procedures
- Provide advisement to departmental heads on workplace issues and provide expertise and leadership on employee relations for the broader team, a population of ~300 employees. Proactively implement strategies that mitigate risk and ensure a healthy, happy work environment
- Support People initiatives focused on employee experience, training needs, recognition programs and others that support our mission of being the world’s most loved sleep company
- Work cross-functionally to ensure organizational needs are being met and that our People practices align with business goals
- Partner with Legal, Finance, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to execute a best in class employee lifecycle
- Help to build community across HQ, stores, and remote employees, thru employee engagement measures.
Our dream candidate has…
- 5-8 years experience as an HR Generalist; experience in the Retail, Consumer Goods industry a plus Experience partnering with all employee levels, including senior management on complex employee issues
- Demonstrated competencies in a range of HR functions
- Possesses strong business acumen and employs such as an HR Business Partner a plus
- Knowledge of employment law across various states, proven track record of identifying and mitigating risk and experience with performance management tools & approaches
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with all aspects of labor and employee relation's activities and dispute resolution
- Natural and expedient problem-solver; strong communication dexterity, proactive
- Comfortable working in high-growth environments and working through ambiguity; experience building solutions from the ground up (startup/ smaller team experience a plus)
- Excellent coaching skills; takes an amenable, empathetic approach to HR and People