Manager, HRIS and Compensation
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Total Rewards team at RTR is responsible for the design, communication and execution of the company’s suite of compensation, benefits and wellness programs which help us to attract, reward and retain top employee talent. Additionally, the Total Rewards team maintains RTR’s HRIS (Workday), serving as the Workday Center of Excellence for all functional areas and supporting a number of new and ongoing Workday projects.
About the Job:
As the Manager, HRIS & Compensation, you will be the primary in-house subject matter expert for all things Workday. In partnership with the VP of Total Rewards and the broader RTR People Team, you will support automated HR processes through Workday, such as the Annual Benefits Open Enrollment and Annual Compensation Review programs. You will also explore and implement new automated solutions to previously manual existing processes. You will be a key member of a rapidly growing company and function, and be in a position to collaborate with leaders across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our recently implemented Workday HRIS.
- Support management on structural policy matters related to the HRIS.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by regularly analyzing data and working with appropriate stakeholders to make any needed changes.
- Create customized Workday reports for management and HR system users which provide insights into key headcount, staffing and compensation metrics.
- Support Workday’s integration with any other current or future systems, such as Greenhouse and Shareworks.
- Design user-friendly processes, guidelines, and documentation for Workday users to better promote the consistent use and data integrity of the system, as well as to help facilitate the HR processes that Workday touches.
- Oversee all system upgrades and system additions in partnership with our outside Workday support consultants.
- Ensure all HR-related systems are compliant with data protection laws.
- Cultivate a network of HRIS professionals at other companies with which to share knowledge and best practices.
- Be an active user of the Workday Community platform, as another source of technical support and idea generation.
- Partner with the VP of Total Rewards to support RTR’s compensation programs and processes.
- You are a professional with 5 to 8 years of HRIS experience (and at least 3 years experience supporting a Workday environment) who is looking to apply your expertise in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You have compensation experience, or have an interest in learning about compensation and helping to support it in a dynamic organization.
- You are an analytical, creative and thoughtful thinker who enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-demand cutting edge company.
- You enjoy expanding your knowledge base, and are open to learning about and supporting parts of the HR organization that you may not have worked with previously.
- You love to automate systems and can teach your peers how to streamline their workflows.
- You love creating, designing, redesigning, and testing programs, and are excited to get out of your comfort zone.
- You enjoy collaborating and innovating with a team, and are constantly looking for new creative and efficient ways to solve existing business problems.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.