Manager, People Business Partner at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior People Business Partner--Corporate and Tech will work closely with business leaders within our Corporate and Tech organizations to drive business outcomes through adoption of a high performance culture, and strong employee engagement through the adaptation and execution of an aligned talent strategy. This role is based in Peloton’s NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the technology and corporate businesses to ensure all Peloton team members are performing at their best through regular reinforcement of continuous performance improvement mechanisms, and that team members are taking full advantage of learning and development opportunities. This People BP will drive change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization, will help to build the leadership skills of our management team driving an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching and consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity. This BP will be charged with all employee relations issues, including investigations and managing poor performance, and will have strength in coaching and building up the skills of their leaders. As a member of the Corporate Business Partner and Talent Management team, this person will have a particular passion for Talent Management and will ensure all talent programs are adopted and adapted as needed to fit the nuances of their business areas.
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted advisor
- Consistently coach and advise mid level leaders on their effectiveness, help their raise their own performance bar
- Support leaders through organizational change management efforts
- Develop and steward holistic talent plan for internal client group
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and team member compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, conduct investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation
- Leverage People dashboards, analyze trend data on investigations, employee relations, and talent programs (succession, performance management) providing insights on how to continually strive to be more proactive, with a lens on programmatic solutions
- Builds and fosters an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Build and develop people manager skills and leadership team effectiveness
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Experience interfacing with and influencing mid and senior level leaders in high growth or transformational environments
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting and/or owning core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, career pathing, compensation education etc
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders and their teams
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies,
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.