Manager, People & Culture, Payroll and Benefits
We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover and shop for beauty and grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy and fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty and grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying and buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the Manager, People & Culture, Payroll and Benefits position
The Manager, People & Culture, Payroll and Benefits position is an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist role that will run employee relations for half of our 130 person NY team and oversee all HR administration including compliance, 401k, payroll & benefits. We are looking for an innately independent, detail oriented and process driven person who is excited about owning the hr administration function. Birchbox is a very entrepreneurial, energetic and collaborative environment and as such we are looking for someone who enjoys being part of a team and inspiring great work.
- Build trusted relationships with employees and provide guidance and support as they develop their careers at Birchbox
- Partner with department leadership to provide full support related to employee relations, organizational planning, organizational design, compensation and management coaching
- Manage all payroll and benefits in partnership with our PEO, Justworks
- Oversee onboarding and offboarding of full time and part time employees, contractors and interns
- Partner with 401k provider to manage our plan and ensure Birchbox is in compliance with all regulations (including testing and audits)
- Partner with P&C team to create and align on company-wide initiatives and strategy
A successful candidate will:
- Has 2-5+ years of experience in HR with experience executing payroll and benefits
- Displays honesty, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior in all interactions
- Loves to coach, grow and develop others
- Is ecstatic about organization and is the type to keep a spice rack alphabetized or closet color coded
- Has exceptional attention to detail, process building and project management skills
- Communicates effectively, professionally, and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Has an exceptional work ethic and believes that no job is too small