Manager, People Operations - HR at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 3 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our VP of People, the People Operations Manager - HR will be charged with responsible for overseeing and executing all the functions related to HR in New York including workforce planning, organizational development, and policies & procedures. You should have a passion for growing teams and setting up standards for the department. You are a people first leader that is excellent at building relationships with partners and various teams as the position is highly collaborative with all departments & founder. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the People Operations Manager, HR will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement systems and processes to support a fast-growing international organization including workforce planning, and performance management.
- Promote HR initiatives and programs that align with corporate goals and values.
- Ensure accuracy of all data entry, process flows, background checks, BambooHR entries and changes, health-check administration, processing employment contracts and contract changes.
- Oversee and ensure HR programs are comprehensive, competitive, and align with business goals.
- Drive learning and development initiatives, and other organizational development projects including culture, team-building and related functions.
- Partnering with hiring managers to ensure organizational structure supports business needs, growth and scale.
Who You Are
- You'll be responsible for overseeing and executing all the functions related to HR in New York including workforce planning, organizational development, policies and procedures.
- You should have a passion for growing teams and setting up standards for the department.
- You are a people first leader that is excellent at building relationships with partners and various teams as the position is highly collaborative with all departments.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of human resources / HRBP work experience.
- Track-record of scaling HR globally in a tech start-up environment.
- Experience with BambooHR, Trinet, Jira, Confluence and more!
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.