Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a HR Manager, Retail to join our People team. You will manage a broad range of HR responsibilities including employee relations, performance management and career development for our Retail Fleet across North America. You will also support strategic projects that enable best in class People initiatives and manage the day to day execution of our retail HR function. You will closely partner with our store teams to ensure that our policies and practices scale and serve both People and business goals. This position reports to the Senior Director, People. .
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do…
- Provide HR partnership to our Retail stores and teams across North America, supporting a fleet of ~70 stores
- Serve as the main point of contact for HR and People inquiries including employee relations, performance management, and employee experience for Retail, all while serving as the HR Business Partner to Retail Leadership.
- Effectively manage HR compliance across North America and help inform, iterate and implement best in class HR policies and procedures
- Provide advisement to Area Managers and Store Managers on workplace issues and SOPs. Provide expertise and leadership on employee relations for the fleet, a population of 400+ employees.
- Proactively implement strategies that mitigate risk and ensure a healthy, happy work environment
- Manage all employee relations issues including performance management, conflict resolution, and ad hoc investigations.
- Support People initiatives focused on associate experience, DEI, training needs, recognition programs and others that support our mission of being the world’s most loved sleep company
- Work cross-functionally to ensure organizational needs are being met and that our People practices align with business goals
- Partner with Legal, Communications, Retail Excellence and Learning & Development to execute a best in class employee lifecycle
- Help build community across stores and offices, driving employee engagement
Our dream candidate has…
- 5-8 years experience as an HR Business Partner within the Retail, Fashion or Hospitality industries; experience supporting distributed teams across different geographies.
- Must have experience working as an HR Generalist for a Fleet/Field team.
- Deep knowledge of employment law across various states, especially NY and CA. Canada experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with all aspects of labor and employee relation's activities and dispute resolution.
- Natural and expedient problem-solver; strong communication dexterity & business acumen;
- Comfortable working in high-growth environments and working through ambiguity; experience building solutions from the ground up (startup/ smaller team experience a plus)
- Excellent coaching skills; takes an amenable, empathetic approach to HR and People
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you are part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track you sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!