Datadog is a best-in-class SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth, profitability, and stock market appreciation. Built by engineers, for engineers, our monitoring and security platform is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will hire, train, lead, develop, and inspire a team of sourcers and leaders to unlock their potential and deliver bar-raising results. In this role, you will partner closely with your peer recruiting leaders, sourcers, recruiters and program managers to build best in class hiring practices, strategy and candidate experience. You will lead a team of sourcers and eventually Sourcing Leads to achieve aggressive software engineering hiring goals across North America.
This role is highly impactful – you will work closely with business leaders and engineering teams to hire the best talent. This leader must be self-driven, who can develop strong relationships, communicate clearly with data, prioritize effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A successful candidate will be creative, resourceful, data-driven and will have the ability to work autonomously. The candidate will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The right candidate must be able to effectively provide thought leadership, set benchmarks, analyze data/metrics, and understand how to build a high performing team.
- Drive sourcing capability & capacity across our North America technical recruiting team to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product leaders to influence and deliver a quality assessment and candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
- Partner with key stakeholders (Engineering and Product Leaders, Hiring Managers, People Business Partners and Recruiting Managers) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels where we can find the best, diverse talent who fit our technical bar
- Build, engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing sourcers in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Develop and execute plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
- Lead and/or participate in cross-business/cross-company special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition.
- Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years of Recruiting and/or HR experience
- 3+ years or people management or mentorship experience
- Experience leading technical teams of 6+ direct reports
- Experience recruiting for technical/Software Development Engineering talent
- Organized and pragmatic; thrives in a results-oriented environment
- Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches.
- Experience creating, measuring and scaling workflow between Candidates, Hiring Managers and the Recruiting team
- A proven track record of influencing senior leaders on recruiting strategies
- Project/Program Management Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience utilizing data and analytical skills to create, measure, and scale workflows to achieve accelerated hiring goals
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.