Manager, Total Rewards at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Our People Team works Build an environment where people are empowered to do their best work. Through our strategy, program design, and operation, we will attract, develop, and grow the talent that Better needs to scale. We have fun, love what we do, and care deeply about building a Better workplace. We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful Manager of Total Rewards to support our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the health and wellness marketplace and experience designing programs to support and enable employees. This is a subject matter expert will also have experience in and an affinity for working within a hyper-growth, continuously evolving organization. This Manager will ensure that programs support the organization's strategic objectives and are compliant with current state by state regulations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner cross-functionally and with senior leadership on the development and implementation of new benefit programs, including but not limited to traditional health benefits, retirement plans, wellness initiatives and financial wellbeing
- Serves as the consulting arm to both the compensation and Benefits Operations during benefits cycles
- Evaluates current traditional benefit programs and plan design/contribution strategy
- Designs company specific programs and Perks and supports ongoing operations as needed with team
- Deploy a vendor mgmt strategy and align partnership with defined employee needs.
- Calculates ROI of new programs and partners
- Budget Management and contract approvals with Finance & procurement
- Drive the calculation and communication of the total value proposition at Better with recruiting and internal compensation teams
- Comfortable with navigating uncertainty.
- Strong understanding of US healthcare system and ability to clearly articulate nuances for employee understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution oriented - with a track record of moving projects from design to deploy.
- High personal integrity and ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate potential problems before they arise
- 6+ years of HR/Benefits experience
- Minimum of 2+ years leadership experience
- Minimum of 2 years working in a project management environment
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.