WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Payroll Analyst plays an important role at Braze by ensuring payroll is run accurately, timely and in compliance with all foreign, federal, state, local payroll and regulatory requirements. This position will be responsible for the day to day administration of the payroll processing functions and ensuring that information and processes are accurate and compliant, while being processed in a timely manner.
- Process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll including calculations, data entry and reconciliation
- Back-up for processing International payrolls
- Analyze audit reports for accuracy prior to submitting finalized payroll file
- Process garnishment, child support and tax levies
- Ensure that payroll processes and controls are followed for Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Prepare payroll journal entries for import and/or entry into accounting system.
- Ability to effectively work with tax agencies (Federal, State and Local) and payroll provider to resolve tax issues
- Provide support various audits and projects (internal and external)
- Work with tax agencies (Foreign, Federal, State and Local) and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
- Respond to employee payroll related questions timely
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-4 years experience processing payroll
- Experience using a HRIS/Payroll software such as Ceridian Dayforce, Workday and ADP
- Understanding of multistate payroll taxes at Federal, State and Local levels, including wage and hour laws
- Performs at a high level of accuracy and efficiency, is well organized and demonstrates ownership and initiative to accomplish goals
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to provide excellent customer services to employees
- Experience using Workday’s platform
- General understanding of Sarbanes Oxley
- Experience implementing an HRIS or Payroll system
- General knowledge of International payroll taxes and regulations
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.