Payroll and Benefits Manager at Celonis
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications, with a developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users. The Celonis EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone and Whirlpool. All rely on Celonis technology to unlock their full execution capacity and drive change to business processes. Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, and has in total 15 offices worldwide. The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. In 2019, Celonis reached a $2.5 billion valuation, after receiving a $290 million Series C funding round. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
Celonis is a fast growing company, and we need great talent that can scale to help us succeed! We are looking for a Benefits Administrator that will develop and maintain a best in class benefits plan that allows us to attract high-quality employees, reduce turnover, and enhance employee experience. They will serve as the main point of contact for the day-to-day administration and compliance of health, wellness and retirement plans and programs
- Lead the effort to design, implement and administer Celonis’s US benefit plans, including medical, dental, flexible spending, vision, life, AD&D, disability, COBRA, EAP, 401(k).
- Oversee leave policies and programs including Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Paid Family & Medical Leave, short and long term disability and Leave of Absence administration process. Counsel employees on leave options based on their individual situation. Prepares leave paperwork and ensures medical certifications and return to work paperwork is received by the deadline.
- Process benefit enrollments and terminations and ensure employee changes are completed in a timely and compliant manner. Audit our plans to ensure data is accurate and up to date. Oversee vendor file feeds and data file reviews.
- Manage new employee benefits eligibility calendar, coordinate sessions that introduce Celonis benefits to new employees, and track and follow up on new employee enrollments/missing paperwork.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees on all things benefits. Research, resolve and address employee’s benefit inquiries; communicate findings and recommendations/resolutions to employees.
- Manage annual renewal and open enrollment process to include employee communications and training.
- Collaborate with payroll, people partners, and insurance providers to ensure all programs and processes run efficiently. Reconcile benefits accounts by approving billing statements
- Ensures company compliance with provisions of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA, and other federal and local regulatory and legislative requirements.Manage all benefits compliance issues and obligations. Remain current with pending and future benefit law changes and regulations. Make recommendations on potential changes to plan design based on regulatory changes.
- Ensure 401K plan is fully compliant at all times. Manage annual audit, administration and 5500 reporting. Ensure employee deferral changes are included in payroll.
Training and Education
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of employee benefits, including health and welfare, defined contribution (401K), and defined benefit (pension) plans. Provides guidance on policy and plan interpretation.
- Ensure employees understand how to utilize resources and tools available to them in order to maximize coverage and minimize out of pocket expenses. Create and deploy training programs for all benefit offerings.
- Design and implement communication programs to enhance the value of benefit programs and increase employee understanding and engagement.
Auditing & Reporting
- Review vendor and service provider invoices, ensuring they are accurate each month and any needed adjustments and reconciliations are taken care of.
- Track benefits benchmarking data to ensure our benefits remain competitive with the market and authentic to the needs of our employees.
- Conduct analysis on employee satisfaction, benefits utilization, overall effectiveness of employee benefits programs, cost analysis and provide findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Lead annual plan audits.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with multiple health and welfare benefit vendors, serve as a liaison to benefit carriers, brokers and vendors to address escalations and identify changes to design and process. Acts as key contact for benefit vendor requests for administrative items.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or other related field
- 5 years of experience in benefits administration, preferably working in the tech industry, or a similar fast-paced and leading edge environment
- Extensive experience with federal and state benefits regulations (e.g. HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, etc.) laws, policies and procedures. Ability to stay current with benefits trends and regulatory changes.
- Knowledge of medical plan design, 401(k) compliance and STD/LTD/FMLA leave programs.
- Strong organization/project management skills including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Strong focus on employee experience, customer service and ability to demonstrate high EQ
- Experience working with benefits software systems or platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. excellent communication and active listening skills, clear and concise written communication skills; ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact;
- Professional certification in employee benefits a plus, e.g. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation (strongly preferred).
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.