Payroll and People Analytics Manager at Via
As Payroll and People Analytics Manager, you will support and manage all aspects of the employee payroll process from preparation, records maintenance, and monthly financial reporting. You will help shape the payroll function of a rapidly expanding organization both domestically and in new international markets.
What You'll Do:
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for Via’s US subsidiaries. In doing so, work closely with the People Operations team to ensure accurate and timely reflection of payroll changes.
- Liaise with site managers to ensure timely review and approval of hourly employee time sheets, including assessment of PTO. Manage the process of accurate transfer of time sheet information into our payroll systems.
- Work in tandem with our payroll provider to understand tax requirements for new jurisdictions, changes in wage and tax laws, and other regulatory changes that may impact Via payroll. You will be the primary lead in setting up new payroll tax accounts for Via’s expansion cities and states.
- Process monthly global payroll in partnership with international payroll providers
- Perform periodic audits of the payroll system data to ensure accuracy of employee pay information. Design and implement process improvements and internal controls to the payroll process.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, reporting and account reconciliations, and other assignments as needed to support broader team
- Work closely with Benefits Manager to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll related items. Produce additional reporting as needed for other internal and external reporting purposes on employee headcount and payroll related information.
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, and People Ops to identify partners, and implement payroll processes
- Assist in developing and implementing new and enhanced analytical and reporting methods to support broader teams
- Monitor and maintain accuracy of employee data for reporting purposes
- Respond to employee questions and concerns as it relates to their pay
- In performing the above, exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of relevant payroll experience
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative solutions
- Proven excellence in developing / revamping internal operations
- Mature, reliable, able to make independent decisions, and to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Have a strong sense of ownership; you don’t shy away from the details and you’re committed to completing each task with a high degree of accuracy
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HRIS systems and proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Have demonstrated experience in partnering with internal teams and managing a variety of different stakeholders
- Have a flexible approach with proven skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Are an excellent communicator; good written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong academic record.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.