Payroll Associate at Peloton
Peloton’s Payroll Associate is responsible for organizing and performing the activities within the Payroll Department; overseeing and auditing the preparation, processing and maintenance of regular, special and supplemental payrolls to assure associates are paid in an accurate and timely manner. This job requires specialized subject matter expertise in the area of payroll functions and knowledge of general principles of accounting.
- Assist the Payroll Manager in the semi monthly/bi-weekly payroll processing for 100+ locations across the United States.
- Receive and respond to pay related inquiries using discretion & effective oral and written communication with associates and outside agencies
- Quality Assurance:Provides monthly quality statistics and KPI metrics to RPE team and analyzes results.
- Perform final review of payroll data related to one-time payments, retros, salary, etc. and coordinate with HR and stores on various corrections and changes for final calculation of payroll
- Identify and assist implementation of appropriate business process efficiencies in relation to payroll processing
- Verify changes and corrections to associate tax withholdings and bank options, and work with associates when direct deposit is returned, account is codes or account information is incorrect
- Perform routine and highly complex accounting support work in payroll, e.g., posting/data entry, calculating data, verifying accuracy, audits and/or reviews source documents
- Perform verification and reconciliation tasks according to department checks and balances; investigates audit discrepancies
- Compile, review, reconcile and document transactions for payroll adjustments, garnishments, deductions, reimbursements, tax records, and other applicable transactions
- Act as a resource person to provide information to associates regarding payroll practices and procedures, including participating in new hire orientation, in-service programs, individual counseling, etc.
- Project Management: Manages daily workflow by level- setting processing volumes and schedules to ensure timely payroll processing, Service Level Agreement and Quality goal achievement.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and state statutes and regulations relating to payroll
- Knowledge of current payroll methodologies and processes, preferably in the area of multi-state payroll processing; tax withholding; voluntary deductions; garnishments, stock options, and insurances
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet deadlines and targets.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze, good mathematical skills and be able to multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills; exhibits accuracy when working with details.
- Ability to handle highly confidential data.
- Good judgment & decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and write the English language, conduct business related mathematics and analyze data as required
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point and experience with HR/Payroll database (preferably ADP) systems.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.