Payroll Manager at Casper
The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organizations’ payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations for our corporate offices and retail stores.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Along with team, process payroll from end-to-end (hire-to-term) including setting up proper taxation, banking information, and deductions for a significant employee population
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates and transactions including new hires, temporary workers, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Manage international payroll, initiating the setup of payroll processes in different countries, ensure compliance with local laws, forecast payroll needs, and assist with implementations
- Manage the regular preparation of relevant management reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Supervise and develop payroll staff
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Respond to employee payroll questions and proactively contact employees to resolve missing items necessary to process payroll
- Calculate manual payroll checks for terminating employees that include all necessary earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Maintain organized records and documentation; responsible for providing documentation and answering inquiries during SOX compliance reviews and other audits
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
- Review processed payroll for accuracy and in order to process necessary corrections in a timely manner
- Audit W4`s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- 5-8 years’ experience managing a multi-state & international payroll department
- At least 2 years of people management experience, proven track record of developing people and skills
- Extensive expertise of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Knowledgeable in payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Proficient with payroll software (EZ Labor, Kronos, ADP)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines
- Proven track record in managing confidential and sensitive information
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, credits for your favorite studios and in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!