At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As an Analyst on the Payroll Operations team you will work across the organization to research and resolve a variety of payroll inquiries. You will be responsible to provide subject matter expertise on best practices, be a specialist in Justworks systems. The role will require critical thinking, a keen understanding of how to troubleshoot and a demonstrated ability to work alongside various teams.
This role will report to the Manager, Payroll Operations.What you'll do
- Execute day-to-day operations for Justworks payroll system including adjustments, reviewing accuracy of income withholding orders/garnishments, and verifying other relevant customer payroll data
- Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies in Justworks system
- Work with the Payroll Tax team to ensure accuracy of adjustments
- Respond to questions and requests from various teams at Justworks, including the Customer Success team
- Assist with maintaining the internal resource center regarding Payments Operations’ policies and procedures
- Assist with developing workflows and processing changes
- Support various teams as a subject matter expert on Justworks payroll
- Develop and review standard operating documents for stakeholders
- Aptitude for quickly learning new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Flexible and calm under pressure with an ability to thrive in a changing and complex environment
- Work effectively within a team, yet have the ability to take initiative and work effectively on your own
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- FPC required, CPP preferred
- Prior experience in payroll and quarterly tax reporting and filing
- Familiarity with basic business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Prior experience with Atlassian Software (Jira and Confluence) a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment