Payroll Specialist at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an accomplished Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll function to meet the needs of our growing company. You will work on our Finance team and partner with People Operations and Legal.
The Finance Team builds compliant processes that ensure seamless support of our growing organization. As the next member of our team, your work will support this through the preparation, distribution, and reporting of our payroll.
You will report to our Lead of Payroll and Compliance and report to our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Overseeing accurate and efficient payroll processing of a 1,300+ growing global workforce, this includes:
- Payment of special transactions such as off cycle payments, retroactive pay, garnishments, and other statutory deductions
- Reconcile W-2 forms to ensure accurate entry of all compensation transactions, and quarterly Federal and State returns and amendments
- Help audit employee records in HRIS (UltiPro), in partnership with HR Generalists and Finance, to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date
- Resolve all payroll discrepancies, process semi-weekly adjustments, and answer employee inquiries
- Prepare 401(k) balancing and funding
- Coordinate with Accounting team to provide pay period end close activities and requests
- Partner with Payroll Lead and supporting departments to help with opportunities to test and automate current processes that promote efficiency and streamlining payroll processes
- Experience in Federal, State, and Local labor laws, payroll tax requirements, payroll regulations and industry changes that affect payroll operations
- Experience with payroll systems (Ultipro, ADP)
- Experience working with a team and support teams
- Intermediate to advanced Excel/Google Sheets proficiency and ability to work with large datasets
- Experience processing end-to-end payroll at a small to mid sized organization
- Capability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- A deep understanding of Payroll practices, legislation and regulation
- Experience working in global, multi-state private and public companies
- Certified Payroll Professional certification (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll certification FPC
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.