Payroll Specialist at Alice
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
Alice is looking to hire a Payroll Specialist who loves helping people solve support issues related to payroll and who shares the same passion we do for putting more money in the hands of working people, without complicated forms or headaches. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful with pretax benefits and the Customer Success team drives that success every day. When you are in place, Alice customer support and payroll run as a well-oiled machine due to your efforts, focus, and diligence.
In this role, you’ll report to Alice’s Director of Customer Success and work with our repeat-entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has previous experience from awesome places like Adobe, CBS, Handshake, and Lending Tree. We’re supported by super smart advisors from Company, are of the CFSI FinLab and have excellent investors including Notation Capital and Trinity Ventures.
As Payroll Specialist, you will...
- Meticulously tend to data entry and maintenance related to customer’s payrolls.
- Resolve payroll related inquiries from and provide support to hourly employees and business owners via text, live chat, email, and phone via Zendesk.
- Understand customer pain points, and communicate their concerns internally to influence product improvements.
- Evaluate employees’ info to empower them to make financial decisions that positively impact their life.
- Use your product expertise to collaborate with Customer Success and Product teams.
- Build and maintain useful documentation for our customers and the Alice Customer team.
- At least two years of relevant customer facing payroll or support experience.
- Truly outstanding attention to detail; you naturally catch small errors and fix them without having to stress or force yourself to do so.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts cleanly and clearly in writing; you know what bad writing looks like, and it pains you to see it.
- A general disposition of solving problems quickly and relentlessly; you don’t stop until the thing is handled. You don’t sleep if your tickets are approaching their SLAs. Inbox Zero is a way of life.
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and verbal is a huge plus.
- An eye for process automation; you can see when a robot should take over a task, and how it should best handle it.
- A savviness with spreadsheets. You have a few tricks up your sleeve here.
- Real dedication to Alice’s mission: to put more money in the hands of working people in the United States, without complicated forms or headaches.
- A growth mindset; an orientation of constant learning, experimentation, flexibility, adaptability.
- A no-ego approach; there is no job too small for you to tackle in support of your teammates.
- Inclination for startup work environment; you have a comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, an interest in discipline and action, and good taste for quality of work product.