People Business Partner - People Operations at Bread
Bread is a FinTech company that aims to transform the way the world shops online by providing a best-in-class consumer experience for financing. Bread was started in 2015 and has experienced explosive growth to date. Our technology, coupled with intelligent, responsive service, is what makes merchants choose to partner with Bread. A big part of what has made us successful has been our relentless commitment to hiring the absolute best people. Our People Team is building and evolving our function and strategies, ensuring we increase our employee engagement and elevate our leadership. In order to continue supporting our growth, we are looking for an exceptional People Business Partner to help scale the amazing team we have built at Bread. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is excited about quickly building a tech organization at a time of tremendous growth and scale.
As a People Business Partner at Bread, you will be a trusted partner and advisor to managers across multiple functions and working with them to implement initiatives related to developing and retaining a talented and committed workforce. We are looking for a People Business Partner that will think outside the box and generate and implement new ideas and strategies to standardize and streamline at scale. This role is an individual contributor and will be reporting into the Head of People at Bread. This individual will be expected to come into the NYC office at least 2 days per week starting in January of 2022. Come join our team!
Your Role at Bread:
- Strategic Partner: Act as a partner between HR and the rest of the business to create, adjust and execute HR strategies to respond to changing business needs. Proactively identify critical HR metrics/issues that could/will have an impact on the business. Utilize both their knowledge and understanding of the business and HR practices to find the best way for HR to add value and align with business objectives. Influences change across the organization by demonstrating organizational agility and managerial courage. Demonstrates strong people facilitation skills, excellent organizational skills, and prioritization skills to meet stated deadlines and milestones.
- Communication and Change Management: Take a leadership role in helping clearly communicate changes to the organization that will directly or indirectly impact employees. Drive effective change management through high touch communication that will include discussions/meetings with leaders and employees. Support leaders through change management and communication of other HR policies/practices. Facilitates meetings and discussions in an articulate, professional, and digestible manner. Utilizes knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams to execute daily work.
- Employee Advocate: Act as an advocate for the employee with leadership and when recommending solutions to employee related issues. Strong understanding of employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns. Manage conflict between employees and management, while staying compliant to employment laws (Title VII, FMLA, ADA).
- Relationship Building and Coaching: Proactively build and maintain relationships with all levels of management creating a level of trust and respect in which coaching can be most effective. Counsel managers and employees on policy, procedure, and practice interpretation and compliance. Coach employees and managers on appropriate intervention and resolution of employee relations by using progressive coaching techniques.
- Emergency Responder: Prepared to proactively and reactively handle a variety of situations that put our company at immediate risk. Quickly respond to complaints and line manager questions. Act as an expert in terms of how to handle employment actions in a consistent way and compliant with employment laws and regulations.
What we are looking for:
- Looking for an energetic individual with 3+ years of experience as a HR Generalist or HRBP supporting multiple levels of management in a fast-paced work environment doing the following
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, Organizational Psychology, or similar field
- Certification: SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Effectively operates autonomously and thrives in ambiguity.
- Ability to flex your communication and work style to build trust and communicate effectively
- Thoughtful discretion and hyper-sensitivity around confidential and sensitive information