People Business Partner at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a culture champion experienced in supporting high-growth SaaS companies and passionate about driving strategic people-initiatives that engage, grow and retain talent to accelerate business objectives. Reporting to the VP, People, you will embed as a key member of one of our designated global business units and leverage your broad range of experience to serve as a trusted resource to employees, and a strategic consultant to management on all people-related issues. You will also play a critical role on our global People Team, serving as a collaborative partner responsible for consistent alignment between your respective business unit and the People Team’s multiple centers of expertise (COEs).
You will be someone who constantly assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, acting as a change agent to develop integrated solutions and deliver value-added HR services. You will partner across our dynamic business and be highly skilled in Employee Relations and Coaching with broad knowledge across Business strategy, Change Management, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Organizational Effectiveness, DEI, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition.
- Ensure communication flow and alignment between People Team and business through weekly meetings with respective leaders, and participation in recurring team meetings and offsites.
- Bring HR services and initiatives to life in the business, ensuring effectiveness. Serve as a feedback loop with the COEs and leadership, and participate in evaluating success and following up to ensure objectives are met.
- Advise managers on complex performance and disciplinary issues, providing solid guidance on legal and regulatory trends (across geographies) in order to reduce potential business liabilities. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Partner on the business unit’s human capital strategy, providing guidance and input on workforce planning, business unit restructures, organizational designs, succession planning and managing change.
- Steadily analyze the “pulse” of the organization (e.g. from engagement survey data, stay interviews, exit interviews, headcount and attrition reports, etc.) to identify needs and root causes of issues. Proactively bring data-driven insights to stakeholders and help drive programmatic solutions in partnership with COEs.
- Maintain knowledge of all HR programs, processes, policies and offerings to provide guidance and interpretation when needed.
- Provide day-to-day support to employees, managers and leaders through coaching and counseling. Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, midrange plans, culture and competition.
- Partner on terms for promotions and transfers.
- Understand rapidly changing global work environments and cultures, must be confident and able to thrive in ambiguous and high growth environments, and be able to engage and drive value proactively.
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders simultaneously with desire to achieve excellence.
Desired Skills and Experience;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; Master's degree in HR-related field or accredited HR certification a plus
- 8-10+ years of Human Resources experience as a Business Partner within a technology company, with specific experience in at least one of the below three areas:
- Engineering & Product: experience with high-growth Engineering & Product talent, culture and operations
- Domain Experts: experience supporting a breaking-news environment and early careers talent
- Track record of success in creating and driving effective Performance Management, Employee Relations, Career Development & Recognition programs
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices and demonstrated success in providing solutions to leadership in a complex and fast moving environment
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership and HR initiatives
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in an environment which requires flexibility; includes experience developing/delivering presentations or having discussions across a variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-DNP
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.