People Business Partner at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted resource and confidant to employees, a strategic consultant to management on employee relations issues, and lead human resources initiatives. You will be empowered to have direct ownership over a variety of projects and work. This role will be based in our New York office and is an exciting opportunity to bring your people relations experience to a fast-growing tech company!
Here are some things to expect in your day-to-day:
- Provide guidance and assistance to our Product, Engineering and Growth teams on a broad range of human resources policies and compliance, practices, and programs
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan and execute on their career goals, and be impactful and successful contributors to the Braze team
- Serve as an initial point of contact and intermediary for managers and employees, and offer advice, counseling, and training on employee relations matters
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership and management to diagnose organizational design and development needs; increase employee motivation, engagement, productivity, and retention; recommend and implement solutions to continuously build morale; and drive our engaging and exciting culture!
- Coach leadership and management on workforce and succession planning to identify and take action on critical talent
- Partner closely with other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development) to better the overall employee experience; evaluate training programs and determine training needs for both individuals and teams; analyze workforce trends utilizing technology and data, and more
- Engage with the global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative(s) to promote education and engagement with the Braze community
- Build and implement people-focused programs that align with Braze’s mission, values, culture, and goals
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, and dedicated human resources professional who is able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of our people!
Specifically, you have:
- 1-2+ years of specific HR business partner experience, preferably in the fast-paced start-up or tech industry (supporting technical teams is nice to have)
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional work experience (business and human resources/client-facing experience preferred)
- A strong understanding and experience with human resources best practices, employment law and employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic mindset and a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude -- no task is too small for you
- Superb organizational skill, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be adaptable as situations require
- Robust multitasking skills and comfort wearing many hats at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.