People Business Partner at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as “The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups.” Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a People Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted resource and confidant to employees, a strategic consultant to management on employee relations issues, and lead human resources initiatives. You will be empowered to have direct ownership over a variety of projects and work. This role will be based at our New York City headquarters and is an awesome opportunity to bring your people relations experience to a fast-growing tech company!
Here are some of the things you’ll do:
- Provide guidance and assistance to management on a broad range of HR policies and compliance, practices, and programs
- Act as a thought partner with managers to improve departmental people-related priorities
- Advise employees by taking a consultative approach to help them enhance their working relationships, plan and execute on their career goals, and be impactful and successful contributors to the Braze team
- Serve as an initial point of contact and intermediary for managers and employees, and offer advice, counseling, and training on employee relations matters
- Be both an advocate for employees and a champion for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership and management to diagnose organizational design and development needs; increase employee motivation, engagement, productivity, and retention; recommend and implement solutions to continuously build morale; and drive our engaging and exciting culture!
- Coach leadership and management on workforce and succession planning to identify and take action on critical talent
- Evaluate training programs and determine training needs for both individuals and teams
- Analyze workforce trends utilizing technology and data with the People Operations team
- Build and implement people-focused programs that align with Braze’s mission, values, culture, and goals
- Serve as a valued partner to other People team functions (People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Operational Excellence)
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate HR practitioner who is able to balance the needs of the business with the needs of our people!
Specifically, you have:
- 1-2+ years of specific HR business partner experience (start-up/tech industry experience preferred, supporting technical client groups like Engineering and Product)
- 3-5+ years of full-time professional work experience (business and HR experience preferred)
- A strong understanding and experience with HR best practices and employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and cross-functional collaboration skills
- A strategic mindset and a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude -- no task is too small for you
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be adaptable as situations require
- Robust multitasking skills and comfort wearing many hats at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on the Braze team and business
- A team that is diverse and inclusive
- A collaborative and transparent environment that offers a true sense of partnership and camaraderie
- Support from your peers across the People team and other departments who do what it takes to get the job done
- A competitive compensation package consisting of a base salary, performance-based bonus, and equity
- A comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability, critical illness and accident, and life insurance; commuter benefits; company-matched 401(k); and parental leave
- Flexible time off to balance your work and personal lives
- Learning and development opportunities so you can advance your career, and fun social events!
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, and beverages
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.