People Business Partner
At Moda Operandi, our People Business Partners work with the Executive Team and their leadership teams to execute on company strategy. In essence, our business partners are business leaders with deep expertise in and passion for ‘people’. Our business partners are builders; Builders of culture, of leaders, of tools, of understanding and of momentum. They are hard-wired into business plans: they scan our environment, interpret trends in the world of work, and through their knowledge of our customers bring the smartest HR solutions to the table, build support for them and execute swiftly and flawlessly for maximum impact.
Our business partners are by nature both big thinkers and scrappy, hands-on operators. They lead the people agenda in conjunction with their peers on leadership teams, making sure that ownership for hiring, motivation and exceptional performance is the domain of the individual leader. In turn, they take ownership to ensure that the necessary capabilities and technology are in place for leaders to lead, managers to manage and teams to perform exceptionally. Our business partners are builders of simple, highly-effective tools. They are coaches and problem-solvers. They are analysts and opportunity takers. But most of all, they are people advocates.
Depending on the challenges faced in their business area, our business partners provide solutions that build new skills, that change behaviors and foster a high-performance culture, that improves group dynamics, that scale teams, that increase the impact of leaders, that reward contributions and that inspire exceptional performance. We like our business partners to have a deep fascination in one specialism. It could be leadership, it could be rewards, it could be communication; it could be anything, even something we haven’t thought about yet.
Our business partners are the wise owls that our business builds results on. Full stop.
- 7 plus years of business experience, a chunk of which might have been in HR or communications.
- Truckloads of business acumen, having created business cases for investment.
- Built or sourced simple and scalable work-life tools, that become symbols of culture.
- Been the catalyst for and executed on change, some of it was scary.
- Collaborated on huge business opportunities.
- Solved a crisis or two, or three without drama--and loved it.
- Coached lots of different people to new heights of success.
- Consistently challenged and said no to C-level leaders.
- A strong sense of political savvy without being political.
- Scaled teams and technology dramatically.
- Found a lot of rare talent from your networking.
- Advocated consistently for your customers and your people.
- Smashed up customs to be more inclusive.
- Purged your company of toxic players, even the ones who deliver big.
- Brought to bear some thought leadership on a people topic.
- Done these things at a reasonable scale, while grasping opportunities for personal growth along the way.
Who You Are
- Passionate and pragmatic.
- Empathetic and radical in your candor.
- Scrappy and humble.
- Wise and calm.
- Analytical and anecdotal.
- Inspirational and present.
- Resilient and relentless.
- Conceptual and curious.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- In short, you are a leader.
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.