People Business Partner at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- In this role you will partner with a group of Cityblock’s managers to provide both strategic and tactical support and guidance on a variety of topics including performance management, organizational design and planning, retention, individual growth paths, and more.
- Provide consistent guidance, coaching, and mentorship to Cityblock managers at a variety of levels to build and serve high performing diverse and inclusive teams
- Partner effectively with other verticals within the People Function including Total Rewards, People Operations, Cityfolx Support and Advocacy, Strategic Business Partners, and Recruiting.
- Roll out, execute, and support People team processes and initiatives to the managers and teams that you support
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the Cityfolx experience and partner with management and the People Team to develop and implement innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Build credibility and trust among Cityfolx; resolve employee concerns with compassion and follow-through.
- Support managers and Cityfolx across many areas of HR Compliance, including leaves of absence, accommodation, EEO, OSHA, etc.
- Play an integral role in supporting teams and building culture as part of the launch of new Cityblock markets
- Ensure consistent application of and adherence to policy, and bring sound recommendations to continue to build and implement policy revisions as we scale
- Work closely with the broader People Team to build and enhance our People Processes with a lens of both scalability and our commitment to being an anti-racist organization.
Requirements for the Role:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a People Role within a complex organization.
- Experience working with a variety of aspects Human Resources / People function, including total Rewards, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), performance management organizational development, employee relations, compliance, and workforce planning
- Resourceful and self-motivated with ability to work in quickly changing environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience
- Demonstrated experience with coaching employees and management through complex and difficult issues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication
How We Define Success:
- Build strong, trusted partnerships with leaders and key stakeholders across the teams that you support.
- You are viewed as a trusted business partner to leaders and subject matter expert on HR topics.
- You own, drive, and execute on People Team initiatives that help set up for scale
- You successfully roll out broader People Team initiatives to the teams that you support
- Proactively identify and surface people trends through and areas for improvement through both quantitative and qualitative insights. Partner with the team to build solutions and close any process gaps with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior startup or healthcare experience
- Experience managing a team
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.