People Business Partner at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
We are hiring a Strategic People Business Partner to join our dynamic organization. This role will work closely with leaders in our organization across the Cityblock business portfolio. You will be integral to the development and implementation of transformational programs across the People pipeline to shape Cityblock practices, programs, and policies that impact the Cityfolx experience. This role's primary responsibility is to partner throughout the organization to ensure we are realizing the experience we commit to our community! You will be a champion for ensuring Cityfolx have an engaging, psychologically safe and stimulating work environment that enables us to thrive!
- Champion and nurture our culture, values, and mission as we integrate and scale the Cityblock business portfolio
- Coach, counsel, and provide consultative solutions to Cityblock business leaders and employees
- Work collaboratively across the People team to review, recommend, and implement changes to processes to ensure optimization, streamlining, and compliance
- Support overall People initiatives and act as the liaison to guild your business partners through an experience or process
- Provide guidance and strategic direction on organizational design to ensure that Cityblock is building sustainable infrastructure to meet the organization’s goals
- Act as primary point of contact for initiative employee relations issues and other employee concerns
- Be comfortable identifying and disrupting systems and processes that conflict with our ability to realize an anti-racist culture
- Leverage people analytics and trained instincts to anticipate opportunities and provide creative solutions to achieve the best outcomes
- Partner with Talent acquisition to support hiring managers in validating job scope, posting details and compensation alignment
- Be a leader, strong communicator, influencer and lead with unquestioned integrity
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance, and retention
- Be experienced working with diverse teams in order to build an environment that promotes equity and inclusion
- 8+ years' experience as a HR Business Partner or HR leadership role with experience working in a rapidly scaling organization
- Experience using and presenting data to make decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience working with and resolving employee relations issues
- Experience managing cross functionally
- Deep passion for building and supporting talented teams committed to Cityblock’s mission of achieving health equity through providing high quality localized care in communities.
How We Define Success:
- Build strong, trusted partnerships with leaders and key stakeholders across the teams that you support.
- You are viewed as a trusted business partner to leaders and subject matter expert on HR topics.
- You own, drive, and execute on People Team initiatives that help set up for scale
- You successfully roll out broader People Team initiatives to the teams that you support
- Proactively identify and surface people trends through and areas for improvement through both quantitative and qualitative insights. Partner with the team to build solutions and close any process gaps with an eye toward continuous improvement.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior startup or healthcare experience
- Experience managing a team
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.