People Operations Advisor (HR Generalist)
Shapeways has set out to redefine product creation. It is a platform that enables the full creator experience through design, making, and selling--born out of its consumer 3D printing service, the largest in the world. Shapeways has over 1 million creators and has printed over 10 million products. The company supports creators with design tools and services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, Shapeways has factories and offices in New York, the Netherlands, and partners around the globe. It is a spin-out of the lifestyle incubator of Royal Philips Electronics, and investors include Lux Capital, Union Square Ventures, INKEF Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Hewlett Packard Ventures, and Presidio Ventures.
Why is the People Operations Advisor important to us?
As the People Operations Advisor for our Long Island City facility, you’ll support our manufacturing and distribution center teams through the full employment lifecycle including onboarding, employee relations, performance management, safety & compliance, and helping to create a great place to work.
As the People Operations Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the local new hire onboarding process from day 1 through first 30, 60, 90 days
- Facilitates and manages our local office social and philanthropic events committee
- Supports the recruitment process by partnering with talent acquisition and hiring managers to assess, interview, and select candidates
- Manages and addresses employee relations and recommends corrective action
- Attends facility meetings to ensure open communication about policies, changes and announcements. Facilitates discussion, encourages feedback and addresses questions and concerns. Provides efficient and timely resolution
- Triage and respond to incoming employee experience related employee questions, needs, etc.
- Counsels team leads and management on organizational policies and practices, such as equal employment opportunity, sexual harassment, fair wage-hour and work condition practices, and recommends needed changes to ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, local employment laws
- Provide counsel to team leads and management to effectively address employee’s performance gaps and to take the appropriate steps to drive to successful outcomes
You might be a good fit if you have/are:
- 5+ years experience with strong generalist skills in human resources
- Demonstrates problem-solving capabilities for complex and time-sensitive situations
- Strong communication skills at all levels, including written and oral communications
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, while contributing to team initiatives
- Ability to apply judgment and make decisions on cases and escalations
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates
- Learning and Development - We provide access to an e-learning platform that will expand your skill set and a recognition program that helps Shapies earn money to invest in their development
- Credit for 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy