People Operations Associate (Systems and Process Admin) at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
Department: People Operations
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Associate, People Operations
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As an Associate, People Operations, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources including onboarding, data collection and maintenance, and systems management. You will play a critical role in assisting with People Ops projects, processes, and initiatives so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented individuals. You will be expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- As one of the first points of contact for our new hires, ensure DEI is at the forefront of all decisions and interactions with our rapidly growing organization
- Support the execution of People Operations programs including, but not limited to: onboarding, ongoing engagement initiatives, and performance management efforts
- Manage system enhancements and maintenance, new employee data collection and communication, benefits documentation, and new employee trainings
- Proactively identify improvements to processes, adding automation wherever possible
- Coordinate onboarding processes with relevant stakeholders (Tech, Security, Wx, etc)
- Creation, distribution and filing of sensitive documentation for employee population
- Escalate sensitive issues in a timely manner
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business, or working experience equivalent
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Ability to identify and provide recommendations for improvements; strong desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Strong administrative skills, including: organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets) with strong analytical skills in Sheets
- Familiarity with BambooHR, Workday, or other HRIS systems a plus
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.