People Operations Business Partner (HRBP) at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: People Operations Generalist
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be in on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As People Operations Business Partner, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources with a primary focus on engagement, retention, and performance management. You will play a critical role in additional projects and process implementations including orientation, onboarding, and assisting the People Ops team so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented Astronauts. You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, mature and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Help to create and execute on a comprehensive engagement and retention strategy, including regular cadence of check-ins with individuals across the organization
- Work closely with Learning and Development to communicate areas of development to Lead, ensuring training programs are targeted and continuously evolving as we grow
- Work closely with People Operations Generalist to determine strategies to enhance data collection and better support People Analytics
- Execute on Performance Management process, including set-up, continuous follow-up and effective close-out
- Work with Managers to provide effective feedback and coaching to employees; assist Managers with effective management of their teams
- Escalate sensitive issues to Director of People Operations in a timely manner
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of onboarding processes, such as facilitating orientations.
- Work with outside counsel on immigration cases, ensuring timeliness and compliance to constantly changing regulation.
- Create and maintain personnel files with a focus on compliance and confidentiality
- Assistance in drafting HR-related documentation (ie. Employment Documents, Promotion Letters, Employment Verification Letters, etc)
- Assist with maintenance of HRIS, ensuring accuracy in data entry and reporting
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business
- Minimum of five years experience related to several aspects of HR, including HR Generalist or HRBP duties
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of HR best practices and general HR administration with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Experience with ADP and BambooHR
- Experience in providing support for sponsorship, including, but not limited to (H-1B, H-1B Transfer, and Green Card Processes
IT PAYS TO WORK HERE
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.