Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
Department: People Team
The People Team at Gemini is more than HR — we are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for our company culture. Our tight-knit team consists of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists, and our job is a big one: create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: People Operations Business Partner
As part of the Gemini People Team, you’ll be in on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization. As People Operations Business Partner, you'll be responsible for providing support to many aspects of human resources with a primary focus on DEI, engagement, retention, performance and career development. You will play a critical role in additional projects and process implementations including onboarding, and assisting the People Ops team so that we can best develop and retain our population of talented individuals You will be expected to handle sensitive and confidential information, thus it is essential that you possess a strong degree of judgement and discretion. We’re looking for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, mature and extremely organized for this critical role on our team.
- Serve as ambassador for all DEI initiatives, ensuring that DEI is at the forefront of all discussions, especially those related to performance, engagement, retention, career progression, etc.
- Enhance and execute on a comprehensive engagement and retention strategy, including regular cadence of check-ins with individuals within assigned business line
- Lead and influence change management by helping to equip managers with the tools necessary to ensure effective communication
- Work closely with Learning and Development to communicate areas of development, ensuring training programs are targeted and continuously evolving as we grow
- Determine strategies to enhance quantitative and qualitative data collection to inform decisions
- Work with Managers to provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees; assist Managers with effective management of their teams and instill a culture of feedback and high performance
- Escalate sensitive issues to Director of People Operations in a timely manner
- Assist with the implementation and enhancement of onboarding processes within your business lines, ensuring new hires are set up for success and knowledge gaps are filled within the first 90 days.
- Collaborate closely with People Operations and Talent Acquisition to ensure relevant parties are up to date on organizational changes
- Ensure personnel files are maintained with a focus on compliance and confidentiality
- Draft HR-related documentation
- Ensure maintenance of HRIS, ensuring accuracy in data entry and reporting
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations
- Participate in ongoing and/or ad hoc people projects as determined by the needs of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, psychology or business
- Minimum of five years experience related to several aspects of HR, including HR Generalist or HRBP duties
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of HR best practices and general HR administration with an eagerness to learn about and keep up-to-date on current employment legislation and industry trends within the HR space
- Strong administrative skills, including organization, ability to proactively follow up on ongoing projects, and strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable fielding difficult questions
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Drive, Sheets).
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Desire to build a career in Human Resources and grow and expand responsibilities with the expansion of the Gemini People Team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner and reprioritize accordingly to meet immediate needs.
- Ability to manage immediate, short-term projects while also moving forward with longer term initiatives
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and provide recommendations for improvements; desire to enhance efficiency and automate whenever possible
- Experience with BambooHR
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.