People Operations Business Partner
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We are OnDeck’s People Operations (HR) team. We think big and empower OnDeck for the future. We understand our business. We seek all point of views. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business. As the People Operations (POPs) Business Partner, your role reports into the Chief People Officer. The POPs Business Partner Team empowers team members to impact business success through individual and team results.
As the POPs Business Partner, you act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for business leaders. You will be partnering closely with the business to improve their people leadership capability, team culture, talent pipeline and development of leaders and team members for various functions across OnDeck. This role will support our Technology, Product, Revenue (Business Partnerships, Revenue Operations and Marketing) and Platform (ODX) organizations and will interact directly with POPs Centers of Excellence including Total Rewards, Learning and Talent Acquisition.
As a People Operations Business Partner at OnDeck, you will:
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant for business leaders.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers around all aspects of performance management including annual appraisals, goal setting, and compensation planning.
- Accountable for effective delivery of POPs programs and services, monitoring the effectiveness of existing POPs programs and services and engaging on issue resolution.
- Effectively engages and collaborates with POPs areas of expertise to drive strategic initiatives deep into the client group.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and team members on employee relations issues while coaching managers to overcome concerns and address performance issues directly.
- Partner with business leaders to ensure the most effective organizational structure is in place and that each team member has role clarity as the organization grows and changes.
- Understanding the business’s hiring needs, calendar and priorities including a clear plan on workforce planning.
- Act as a change agent being able to assess/make recommendations, clearly articulate changes and effectively provide strong change management support to leaders and their organizations.
- Liaise with senior leadership, hiring managers and talent acquisition partners to ensure the business is optimally staffed and support the interview process as needed.
- Contribute to a highly collaborative People Operations team on cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, and recognition programs.
- Partner with Facilities, Learning and Talent Acquisition to ensure an optimal team member experience.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years of progressive HR responsibility and experience; a minimum of three years of HR Generalist experience
- SPHR/ PHR/ SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP preferred
- Knowledge of state, local and federal employment law practices preferred
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Industry: Experience working within a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
- Change Leadership: A history of personally influencing behavioral and philosophical change among business leaders.
- Self-Sufficient: Able to leverage support groups to scale execution but also able to personally develop practical tactical tools and templates when the need arises.
- Advice: Seen as a trustworthy source of advice and counsel with experience coaching leaders.
- Ownership: Experience and confidence to take ownership for the full impact of people operations delivery.
- Relationship Building: Successfully builds strong working relationships from a geographical distance.
- Human Resources Knowledge: Broadly skilled in a variety of human resources disciplines and a track record of applying insight to improve business results.
- Detail Orientation: An ability and confidence to process high volume of work while maintaining an eye for the detail required that eliminates rework.
- Talent Management: Experience in hiring talent, building succession pipelines, assessing and (re)designing org structures, coaching on performance management, and working with Managers to identify develop opportunities for their talent.
- Agility: Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding environments. Thrives in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, March 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**