We're looking for a People Operations Coordinator to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work as part of the HR Operations team to onboard new employees and support key activities that contribute to a successful employee experience. You’ll have an opportunity to make an impact across various people initiatives by supporting Flatiron’s employee lifecycle programs and processes, ensuring both a compliant and positive employee experience across the duration of an employee’s career at Flatiron. You’ll also:
- Support various aspects of our employee lifecycle programs for full-time employees, part-time employees and/or contractors in the US and abroad including: pre-boarding and compliance activities such as preparing employee records, processing background checks, I-9 work authorization and employment verifications.
- Process employee change requests, ensuring accuracy and compliance of employee data and files through periodic review and audit.
- Provide a seamless customer experience to our employees by fielding inbound tickets in our people support system, managing change requests, and bringing issues and questions to resolution.
- Operate with a mindset of continuous improvement, contributing to the evolution of our processes and procedures in a hybrid work environment.
- Support special projects and other ad-hoc initiatives across the team as needed.
Who You Are
You're a collaborative, detail-oriented team player with 1-3 years of work experience preferably in Human Resources (HR) and/or Operations. You’re a kind and collaborative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced environment and working with cross-functional teams.
- You have 1-3 years work (or internship) experience, ideally in an HR or Operations type role
- You can maintain the highest standard of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating with stakeholders both within and outside your own team
- You have a customer service mentality and can build rapport and trust with teammates, internal stakeholders, managers, and employees
- You thrive on organization and attention to detail; this role requires the ability to follow specific processes and steps within specific timeframes
- You have a “can do attitude” and are willing to both teach and learn from team members to ensure knowledge is dispersed across the team for proper coverage
- You’re excited to get broad exposure to various People functions, and to contribute to the ongoing improvement and evolution of our systems
- You have experience with an HRIS and ticketing system like Zendesk
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
- A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
- You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.