People Operations Coordinator at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
This position is for a People Operations Coordinator who can assist the People Operations team within the greater People Team at Stack Overflow. This position would report directly to the Global People Operations Manager. The person in this role will be open to taking on responsibilities as they arise and good at juggling multiple tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in answering employee questions through ticketing system
- Aid in development and execution of employee experience initiatives
- Coordinate with Workplace Ops on employee experience projects
- Collaborate with IT as needed to address employee questions
- Ensure timely processing of employee data changes in collaboration with Finance
- Schedule New Hire Onboarding calls, orientation sessions, and trainings
- Lead New Hire benefits sessions as needed
- Conduct ongoing audits for People-owned evidence and processes
- Assist People Team with projects and new system and process implementations
- Proactively research and recommend process improvements related to the onboarding process and overall employee experience
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative or coordinator role
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize
- Organizational skills and methods to optimize efficiency
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working with US health insurance enrollment and administration
- Prior experience onboarding New Hires/handling New Hire paperwork
- Prior experience with the US Immigration processes
- Experience with BambooHR, Greenhouse, Maxwell Health, Officevibe, GSuite (calendar, email, docs)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and paid sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- 401K match
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If your role is not located in one of our offices…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunches, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office (re-opening voluntarily Fall 2021), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successfully completing a background check and having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.