People Operations Coordinator
Greater NYC Area
Teachable’s mission is to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. Founded in 2014, we’re a venture backed startup with offices in NYC and Durham, NC, and to date we’ve helped tens of thousands of instructors sell a combined $300m+ in courses to 18m students. We believe anyone can teach, and everything is teachable!
We’re growing quickly and looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join our NYC team. As a key member of both our People team and Team Teachable, you’ll lead office operations and planning for team culture engagement activities, and will help us foster a welcoming, collaborative environment.
- Find creative ways to engage the Teachable team and build community and organizational citizenship. Own budget and lead planning for monthly company-wide events, team activities and volunteering, bring-your-child-to-work events, annual events like summer camp and holiday party, employee recognition, resource groups and more.
- Our office is managed by our coworking space, but you’ll work with our account manager and porter to help ensure our office is organized, functional, and a safe and welcoming space to work. You’ll set up and manage weekly orders and deliveries to the office including weekly lunches, snacks, drinks, and supplies.
- Champion cross-office and remote-team alignment and communication and make sure everyone feels included and part of the team wherever they’re located.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization and stay in touch with both what’s working well and what isn’t.
- Work to improve onboarding, company communication, and other special projects including office space moves and build-outs and special events.
Who you are
- You have around 2 or more years of professional experience in people or office ops or equivalent, and experience planning events and managing budgets and vendors.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills.
- You’re very organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects in flight.
- High integrity and the ability to build and keep trust and confidence.
- Alongside our People team you are comfortable seeking and taking on responsibility in ways big and small, to help build a world-class team.
Nice to have
- Experience on a People team, at a startup, or similar role
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description